My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey look a here the DS came right off the engine with no bad words said. The steering wheel was a little more diffcult but I saved it. The bigger the hammer the easier it is. In this case I used a 2-1/2 pound. Monday the engine will be going in for a rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And last but not destroyed

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
nice work on the steering wheel, did it run before the project began?

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
nice work on the steering wheel, did it run before the project began?
It ran when I dropped it off a few months ago as a trade for a cab, it sat for three years not running, after a new battery and fresh gas, it fired rite up.

I can't wait to see when it's done, then I'll wish I never traded. :banghead3

Good winter Project Fred, good luck !! :trink39:

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As Ken said yes it did run. I will get the front sheave off then it is going out for a complete and total rebuild.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Nice work, I can't believe that you dove in so quick after the 1455 project. It will make a nice winter project for you.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ed, I wanted to get it done while my hands can still do it. As the years go by you never know how long you can keep having fun.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Ed, I wanted to get it done while my hands can still do it. As the years go by you never know how long you can keep having fun.
Your passion and drive are inspiring. Can't wait to watch your progress. I would have given better advice on what paint but I haven't had to restore a 1250 yet. I thought the rustoleum we have used for touch up was almond.......but the paint you got is probably better.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do use rustolem Almond in someplaces but in this case I can not. The frame and axles have to be brown if I want the tractor to look orignail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts