My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a self propelled mower that I want to fix and sell. I cant think of the name right now but the self propelled belt came off. The problem is it seems to have a guard on the belt that it one single piece and sits between the blade mount and the wheels. So its like you would have to take the blade mounting plate off to even get to the back side of the pully. I dont want to just break the plastic piece off and leave it open because it seems as though it helps keep the belt on. So my question is. How do you get the blade mount off? or is there another way to fix this?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what it sounds like from what I have found so far. The front drive cover looks just like a craftsman.

You are saying penetrating oil and a hammer? is it pressed on? or threaded? I have a 3 arm puller. That should do it if its pressed on right?

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
well thats what it sounds like from what I have found so far. The front drive cover looks just like a craftsman.

You are saying penetrating oil and a hammer? is it pressed on? or threaded? I have a 3 arm puller. That should do it if its pressed on right?
Its not pressed on it just slides over the shaft and has a keyway. Its stuck from rust. Keep soaking it with wd 40 or pb blaster and tapping with a hammer and it will come loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts