My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've got a TN65 tractor with a hydraulic leak where the metal line from the pump connects to the remote valves via a banjo bolt. I can't tell with certainty, but I'm fairly confident that there's a hairline fracture on the banjo fitting. Assuming that is the case, I'm hoping that I can just replace that metal line and it will be perfectly good. I'll replace the banjo bolt and washers at the same time to be sure. I know in other forums there is discussion of just replacing the banjo bolt head and re-brazing it, but I don't mind spending a few bucks more to replace the line (just $60 total). I also wondered if I could replace with an appropriate-length hydraulic hose with the correct fittings on both ends, and not have to deal with snaking the metal line through tight quarters?
Has anyone had a similar issue to this, and is this as easy to replace as it seems? I don't have a ton of experience, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
For reference, the part that I'm talking about replacing is the "rigid tube" in this diagram:
Thank you so much!

·
10,839 Posts
If it is tight quarters, the hydraulic hose will fail in a similar time frame, due to rubbing.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
That picture that you linked to on Messicks shows that line only goes from one side of the lift cover across the center housing and then turns down where it ends, at that point it connects to a second hard line by what looks like a compression fitting and that second hard line goes back to the rear remotes. If you are buying just the line that connects to the top cover then it shouldn't be too hard to route it over to the line on the other side. If you're buying both lines then run each one separately and only connect them together when they're both in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for helping me figure this out. After reading your response, I realize that I think I was indicating the wrong part. Really sorry - I'm rather new to all this. I can't find a diagram anywhere for exactly what I'm talking about, so I'll just attach my own picture.
The leak is where the arrow is pointing - the metal line connects to a unit at the bottom of the stack of valves via a banjo bolt, and the other end travels forward, where there's a fitting at one point before it then connects to (I assume) the pump up near the engine.
I can't tell with certainty, but I think there is hairline fracture right at the banjo bolt. It drips while the tractor is running, but if I put strain on something using the remote hydraulics, there is a serious gushing spray. As I said, my hope is to fix the problem by just replacing the line from the banjo bolt forward to the compression fitting.
Anyway, would you be able to tell me what the proper term for that line and/or where it connects is? And let me know if I have a hope of succeeding at this repair?
Thanks so much! A successful season of veggie production depends on this - I appreciate your help!

IMG_20200307_150148269~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
I think that original drawing you linked to might be the coreect one. I was just looking at it backwards. The line numbered "1" in the drawing is the line that connects to the bottom of the stack of remote valves. The other line that it connects to goes up to the pump on the engine. You say that there's a fitting at one point to another line that actually goes up to the pump at the engine. So do you want to replace both lines or only the one that is leaking? Can you get to the fitting where the two lines join together to be able to disconnect them? If so, how difficult does it look to route just that one line? In the worst case you may need to remove the operator platform to make things easier to get to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK wonderful, thank you. Yes, I think it's pretty accessible. You're right - there's a chance that I need to pull that platform out, but I hope not. I'll take a look tomorrow to see about removing it, and then I suppose I'll just order that new one and hope it's right.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts