My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you guys were talking the other day about the Craigslist ad from Lexington Ky. The lady had 5 gravelys she was taking to the dump unless some one bought them for $300. I called her and she still has them but the junk yard said they would give her $300 for the metal if she hauled them there. I think I'm going to get them. I'm waiting for her to send pictures. My wife is ready to send me for profession help. I have just bought 11 Gravelys in the last 4 months but I hate the thought of them going to the junkyard.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
:thThumbsU Definately save them. Taking home stray Gravely's is better than how some people spend their time. Your wife will get over it! Ed

·
Registered
514 Posts
Let's see... How far is New Mexico from IN? Man, I'd like to get my hands on 2 or 3 "dead" units to make one sparklin' new machine. I am interested in repowering one. I'm still lookin' in my 'neighborhood'.....

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Would be nice if she'd drop the price even further for you. Her $300 scrap yard quote included her taking the equipment there - you're coming to pick the stuff up, which is saving her the trouble and you have some gas expense involved. Depending on their condition, they're probably worth more than that in parts, so maybe haggling too extensively isn't worth it. But you certainly are doing her a favor and doing those old machines a favor as well, which is even more important. :fing32::fing32:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be nice if she'd drop the price even further for you. Her $300 scrap yard quote included her taking the equipment there - you're coming to pick the stuff up, which is saving her the trouble and you have some gas expense involved. Depending on their condition, they're probably worth more than that in parts, so maybe haggling too extensively isn't worth it. But you certainly are doing her a favor and doing those old machines a favor as well, which is even more important. :fing32::fing32:
Yeh, I thought of that and we haven't stopped haggling yet. I'm just waiting for her to send me pictures. But, either way I think I will get them.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Thank you very much for saving these Gravelys.

Every vintage Gravely saved makes the world just a little bit better than it would have been otherwise.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I would definitely go for it. Any Gravely you decide not to keep could be sold whole or parted out to us other Gravely guys needing parts to keep our fleets going. Good luck on the haggling!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts