My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to put a newer front end loader on the 8n found an am30 Mahindra
that i think i will try, its for a 28 hp tractor . Is there any reason that this might not work on my 8n, they look like they r the close to the size rig.
thank you

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
With a torch and welder.. just about anything is possible.

keep in mind that the loader mounts for an 8n almost universally use attachment points at the rear axles wher ethe fender bolts go thru, plus a special front hanger plate that attaches to the kingpin.. thus any modern loader you buy will need a subframe made that attches to that front hanger and rear points, and then the laoder will mount to it. the N had no bellhousing mount holes like the later 00 and 01+ series..e tc.

soundguy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
With a torch and welder.. just about anything is possible.

keep in mind that the loader mounts for an 8n almost universally use attachment points at the rear axles wher ethe fender bolts go thru, plus a special front hanger plate that attaches to the kingpin.. thus any modern loader you buy will need a subframe made that attches to that front hanger and rear points, and then the laoder will mount to it. the N had no bellhousing mount holes like the later 00 and 01+ series..e tc.

soundguy
i can make a mount to go back to the rear axle and weld the upright mount to that. the size is what i'm looking for advise on. I only have a picture to go by on the Mahindra AM 30 front end loader,is this about the size end loader that i will need for it.It fits on a Mahindra 3015 tractor that has 30 hp and the over all length is 115" this is close to the 8n so i think this would be about the size end loader i would want. Right?
thank you tom

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
again.. you are asking fo an absolute, on an 'if' situation.

If it's close.. you can likely smoke wrench it enough to work.

can't say anything past that.

soundguy

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
As soundguy said, IF you got the enough money, IF you got the enough time, IF you are determined enough you CAN make it work. As to size you are in uncharted territory so it is up to you to make the necessary measurements to determine if it is over or under sized for the 'N'. There are new model loaders made for the 'N' why not look at one of those designed FOR the 'N' probably be cheaper in the long run. Unless this is some kinda REAL deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked one up that fits a ford 600. Thanks for the help.

As soundguy said, IF you got the enough money, IF you got the enough time, IF you are determined enough you CAN make it work. As to size you are in uncharted territory so it is up to you to make the necessary measurements to determine if it is over or under sized for the 'N'. There are new model loaders made for the 'N' why not look at one of those designed FOR the 'N' probably be cheaper in the long run. Unless this is some kinda REAL deal.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
:fing20: :thThumbsU Cool, don't for get the pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts