My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to say if you all have fishing buddies as I have you need a rubber boat...As I have a 16 modified v jboat and being aluminum the guys that fish w/ me have a bad case of dropsie and I cant seem to get them to be careful as the sound travels.. so my next project on this craft will be laying carpet. Just ordered it from cabellas and as I get to prepping and laying this fine noise reducer for my happless fishing buddies I will be having a few pictures... Now mind you I love my friends but a fisherman can only take so much noise thats why the wifey stays home as she is alway knocking things around but my fishinbuddies are fast becomming a form of bait to my way of thinking.... As ornery as they are I would probably be better off using them as an anchor as I dont think that even our sharks down here want any meal of that caliber.... I find myself going fishing just for the day out w/ the boys and not being productive w/ catching fish... I have already foaam filled the floor in hopes of quieting it down but no way as my fishin buddies seem to find ways of making noise......So carpet it is or throw them overboard as chum... ROF

Anyways has anyone else ever carpeted an aluminum boat?/ or is this just an exercise in futility????

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
i had an old starcraft deep v hull...
i carpeted it becasue the vibration was annoying when i trolled...
plus the dog slipped on the wood.

I put plywood on the floor so it was like a flat bottom.. then carpetted the floor and the insides...

letsa just say it looked sort of goofy..

as my g/f's 5 y/old grandson (at the time) commented on it when he saw it... 'It looks like a crap box' not exaclty sure what he meant.. but i did not think it was a complimentROF

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Just be careful who you fish with Ernie.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SJ all I plan on carpeting is the front and rear decks as that is where we fish from... they (fishing =buddies) always drop split shot then it rolls around and makes me crazy let alone run any fish in the area away.... I will make this look very professional as I am going to put pictures in here so I will make sure it is done to the Nth degree ROF ..... nth.. huh must have been a typo

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just be careful who you fish with Ernie. by Durwood
Well I would have np proble w/ ole Moses as I could always find an expesive lure that I usually leave int the depths each trip out....besides I could walk over to the other side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts