My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Lifts my 1000lb Cub XT3 well. The Fisher lift is a heavy built piece. I love mine. Worth evey cent. Download a 20% off coupon to take with you as they are always available.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts

·
Make Better Mowers
1,961 Posts
YES!!! It lifts my 445 w/300 pound deck!! It has two stops on it to take the pressure off the cylinder for safety. The base of it does get under the deck, though, so it's not possible to use it to remove the deck. However, I can remove the blades for sharpening with it just having to remember to jack when the fuel level is LOW so that it doesn't drip out the breather vent in the cap!! The price is really great for what it does. The 750 lift is what you need to raise a 1200 lb tractor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Mowergene!! You answered the question for me about the base going under the deck. I was bit concerned about that. I have a JD 345, 445 & JD LX178 as well. Does your LX178 do ok with the lifts base? And thanks for the tip on the lift with low fuel. I wouldn't have thought of that!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ended up sell the light duty one I got from HF and got the Fischer.....no complaints, and I've used it everyday for 2 years.

·
Make Better Mowers
1,961 Posts
Thank you Mowergene!! You answered the question for me about the base going under the deck. I was bit concerned about that. I have a JD 345, 445 & JD LX178 as well. Does your LX178 do ok with the lifts base? And thanks for the tip on the lift with low fuel. I wouldn't have thought of that!
I don't use the lift often for the LX178, so I don't recall how the deck did with the base. My compressor is in a separate building from where I keep the lift, so when I remove the blades to sharpen, it's easier to use the floor jack and impact gun to take them off. That deck also pulls off easily if the deck needs attention.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I like the idea of these front lift jacks and they definitely work well. Just not under a 430 which is why I purchased one in the first place. The snout is too long and will not clear the post.
The other thing I don't like about mine is that it uses a flat strap on a winch and the crank handle sometimes catches the front of the tractor I am trying to lift. Eventually I want to change it to cable and put the crank handle 90 degrees from where it sits now.
I still like it a lot when I can use it tho'.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I like the idea of these and they definitely work well. Just not under a 430. The snout is too long and will not clear the post.
The other thing I don't like about mine is that it uses a flat strap on a winch and the crank handle sometimes catches the front of the tractor I am trying to lift. Eventually I am going to change it to cable and put the crank handle 90 degrees from where it sits now.
I still like it a lot when I can use it tho'.

You lost me on this statement, the Fischer looks to be Hydralic lift not crank lift???????:tango_face_surprise

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
You lost me on this statement, the Fischer looks to be Hydralic lift not crank lift???????:tango_face_surprise
I just noticed my wording after posting it.
Mine is a Princess Auto version and was posting only 'cause I didn't think about some of the shortcomings of any of these front lift jacks when I bought it. Just a FYI to anyone thing about a front lift jack.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts

·
Make Better Mowers
1,961 Posts

·
Make Better Mowers
1,961 Posts
Finally got it to copy & Paste
Good for ANY lift!!

Attachments