My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,333 Posts
Has anyone put one on a 318 or similar? My ram mounting holes for the angle cylinder are different. Especially when looking at the mounting instructions.
Operating instructions pdf attachment post #9 shows compatible 318 quick hitches, pdf version 2 of the installation post #17 shows how to install on the compatible 318 hitch.

· Registered
50 Posts
Operating instructions pdf attachment post #9 shows compatible 318 quick hitches, pdf version 2 of the installation post #17 shows how to install on the compatible 318 hitch.
I've read through all of them and have the BM18121 hitch. Looks like this one

So the anti angle hole is on the right side. Also it seems that the older hitch may be longer as well. As there looks to be more distance from the up/down cylinder to the pivot than the ones in the directions.

· Registered
38 Posts

I received my grapple from Mark last weekend and my new hitch and cylinder the middle of this week. Got a chance to round up some large rotting pine logs and hide them further out back. Lots of fun. Mark does a nice job and I'm very pleased. My only mod was to use a couple nylon spacers and a shorter clevis pin on the rod end of the grappling cylinder instead of the long pin that came with it. Highly recommended.:thThumbsU

· Registered
590 Posts
Now that is sweet. I'll add that to my wish list in the future.

· Have Dog - Will Travel
2022 Toyota 4Runner
7,291 Posts
Shoving some big Red Oak around so I can finish my bucking cuts without running the chain into the rocky soil here on the hilltop:

FWIW, I too am very happy with the GT Grapple. I wasn't sure where to post, so I created a Review in the Outdoor Equipment Review forum at:

GT Grapple Review

· Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had my grapple attached to my JD X-738 for over 4 months now, and there’s nothing we don’t try to move. I had an extra hydraulic cylinder, so I have 3 mounted on the grapple. I pull one pin, disconnect two hoses and I’m on to the next!! I have ONE regret, and that is that I did not discover this amazing piece of equipment much sooner. Thank you Innovative Tractors!!!!

· Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
10,964 Posts
Shoving some big Red Oak around so I can finish my bucking cuts without running the chain into the rocky soil here on the hilltop:

FWIW, I too am very happy with the GT Grapple. I wasn't sure where to post, so I created a Review in the Outdoor Equipment Review forum at:

GT Grapple Review
...just fyi, that video is marked "private" for me, and probably others as well...

· Have Dog - Will Travel
2022 Toyota 4Runner
7,291 Posts
...just fyi, that video is marked "private" for me, and probably others as well...
Thanks, can't think how, nor why it was changed. I changed it back, so it will work again for anyone.

Reactions: PA318Guy

· Registered
59 Posts
I’ve had my grapple attached to my JD X-738 for over 4 months now, and there’s nothing we don’t try to move. I had an extra hydraulic cylinder, so I have 3 mounted on the grapple. I pull one pin, disconnect two hoses and I’m on to the next!! I have ONE regret, and that is that I did not discover this amazing piece of equipment much sooner. Thank you Innovative Tractors!!!!
Why the need for a 3rd cylinder? What do you mean onto the next one? Pics for more explanation.

· Registered
549 Posts
"I’ve had my grapple attached to my JD X-738 for over 4 months now, and there’s nothing we don’t try to move. "
Just out of curiosity, if you saw the above statement in a Craigslist ad, how concerned would you be? I would look closely at the front axle and steering parts, but what about the transaxle? Does overloading the grapple (or loader, etc) cause damage to the transaxle, or does it simply not lift the object?

· Registered
4,698 Posts
It doesn't weigh that much. It shipped in a single box. Packaging was not great:

Dress Sleeve Wood Fashion design Freezing

But, it survived the trip with only some scratches. I was not happy, but not enough to do something about it.
Wood Gas Machine Titanium Metal

If you understand the limitations of a QH mounted grapple, it is great. If you have never used a loader mounted grapple, you will like it even better, since you won't know what you are missing.

· Registered
9 Posts
Thought I'd chime in after using my grapple for a couple of months on my 445. In a nutshell, this thing is a beast. I got it to complete a property clean-up task at our new mostly-wooded place. Primary job is toting trees and brush from some places inaccessible to pickup trucks/trailers.

Grapple was simple to install, it's easy to change from blade to grapple, and it'll pick up stuff I have no business even trying to pick up. See photo below.

A side benefit is that it makes a nice 'rake' to spread out topsoil, move leaves, etc. I did some stump grinding this past weekend, and used the closed/lowered grapple to smooth over the ground-out holes.

Ended up putting together a makeshift weight box for the back, as traction is more of a limiting factor than lifting power.

And Mark at Innovative TA was a pleasure to work with, too.

"Chip"

Plant Wheel Tire Grass Tractor

· Registered
9 Posts
Also should mention that the larger reverse actuation pedal from the 'bay is a game-changer. It transformed a wimpy/slow reverse into a more-powerful but still controlled function that was a night and day difference.

I did need to both clean the threads (as they were powder-coated with the rest of the pedal) and bend in a 1" s-curve offset to be mounted securely and fit thru the existing rectangular hole. It's made from mild steel, so all it took was a basic vise and an adjustable wrench (as a grabber). No hammering or press required. Once those were done, it was like it was supposed to be there. Better for mowing and grappling, and likely snow removal too. Good clearance for size 11 boots, too. Pretty inexpensive and quick delivery, too.

"Chip"

· Premium Member
1,662 Posts
One of the best, easiest mods for a 4x5!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts