My Tractor Forum banner

First use report: Grapple from Innovative Tractor Attachments

37123 Views 36 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  FTWingRiders
OK, I got my grapple from Marcus at Innovative Tractor Attachments and wanted to post some feedback and video from my first use.

The Grapple attaches to just about any Deere Quickhitch. You need the angling cylinder to be re-positioned for the clamping jaw and if you don't have one you'll obviously need to pick one up somewhere. It came via FedEx Ground so shipping wasn't bad.

This thing is very solidly built from heavy steel and I'd say is easily as strong or stronger than the Quickhitch itself. Assembly was about 10 minutes and consisted of attaching one bracket to the Quickhitch and fastening with a large bolt.

My main interest was in picking up and moving logs and brush from tree work. My back can't take lifting 200-300lb logs around any longer and while my FEL with a chain and hook worked, it was pretty slow. So for $569 I decided to give this a try.

Quick Summary: it works great. Easily lifts a couple hundred pounds and pickup of logs and limbs was quick and easy without ever leaving the seat.

So I put together 3 minutes of video showing it in action - sorry I couldn't embed here. Always seems to be fussy for some reason:

https://youtu.be/QpR6GRXeaq4
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I have one too, got it about 6 weeks ago. Due to switching back and forth for snow plow duty, I have plenty practice installing and uninstalling. It is easy, as mentioned, and on the second and subsequent times, it is literally 10 minutes. You could probably do it faster, but I like to stow my plow safely, put my tools away, and check the hydro fluid.

Nice video, better edited than all of mine posted in other threads.

Shoving some big Red Oak around so I can finish my bucking cuts without running the chain into the rocky soil here on the hilltop:

FWIW, I too am very happy with the GT Grapple. I wasn't sure where to post, so I created a Review in the Outdoor Equipment Review forum at:

GT Grapple Review
Thanks, can't think how, nor why it was changed. I changed it back, so it will work again for anyone.

...just fyi, that video is marked "private" for me, and probably others as well...
Reactions: PA318Guy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts