My Tractor Forum banner

First use report: Grapple from Innovative Tractor Attachments

37031 Views 36 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  FTWingRiders
OK, I got my grapple from Marcus at Innovative Tractor Attachments and wanted to post some feedback and video from my first use.

The Grapple attaches to just about any Deere Quickhitch. You need the angling cylinder to be re-positioned for the clamping jaw and if you don't have one you'll obviously need to pick one up somewhere. It came via FedEx Ground so shipping wasn't bad.

This thing is very solidly built from heavy steel and I'd say is easily as strong or stronger than the Quickhitch itself. Assembly was about 10 minutes and consisted of attaching one bracket to the Quickhitch and fastening with a large bolt.

My main interest was in picking up and moving logs and brush from tree work. My back can't take lifting 200-300lb logs around any longer and while my FEL with a chain and hook worked, it was pretty slow. So for $569 I decided to give this a try.

Quick Summary: it works great. Easily lifts a couple hundred pounds and pickup of logs and limbs was quick and easy without ever leaving the seat.

So I put together 3 minutes of video showing it in action - sorry I couldn't embed here. Always seems to be fussy for some reason:

https://youtu.be/QpR6GRXeaq4
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I just ordered my grapple yesterday from Marcus. Great customer service so far. Quick hitch and cylinder should be in at the dealer in a couple days too. Can't wait to hook it up for Easter Weekend!
As many of us have experienced, you got that look and attitude the day you brought the tractor home. The attitude faded pretty quickly as she carted all her gardening tools and a trailer full of compost to her garden project. When she saw the videos of the grapple on YouTube, I actually got the thumbs up for once:thThumbsU

I received my grapple from Mark last weekend and my new hitch and cylinder the middle of this week. Got a chance to round up some large rotting pine logs and hide them further out back. Lots of fun. Mark does a nice job and I'm very pleased. My only mod was to use a couple nylon spacers and a shorter clevis pin on the rod end of the grappling cylinder instead of the long pin that came with it. Highly recommended.:thThumbsU
1 - 3 of 3 Posts