My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just purchased my first tractor today... a Simplicity Sovereign 7016 hydro, with deck, tiller, and snow blower. Hopefully it warms up a bit so I get to figure out my new toy!

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
Sounds like the perfect package! That is one sweet machine (need to SEE it!)

Do you know if it has a Briggs or Kohler engine? A very limited number of the 7016's had a Briggs. That 16 Briggs single is my favorite engine in these old GT's.

Nice grab! You'll be amazed at what that old girl will do!

·
Deceased March 2015
1,312 Posts
I have 2 = 7016's and both have Briggs and Strattobn engines and I like the B&S the best I always thought Kohler had bad rods I never redo a Kohler engine without putting in new rods thats just me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it for a spin for the first time today....Hydrostatic seemed very touchy. Maybe it needs some adjustment?

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
Not sure...I have an oldet style hydrostat machine, with the Vickers transmission, and it's aweful jumpy (which I like, now that I'm used to it). From a stnadstill you can spin the tires in forward or reverse. I've made some good saves when in a hurry to get the mowing done, and nearly swiping something along side the house or landscaping by throwing her to reverse. Very responsive....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I guess its more the brake that needs adjusting? Even with the shifter in the neutral position and parking break on, a slight nudge of the shifter or down still causes the tractor to move either forward or reverse. I can't seem to get off the tractor while leaving it running otherwise it will walk away on me!

Did some reading and apparently I have some adjusting to do for the neutral position and clutch play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts