My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first tractor a Agco GT75. Does anyone know this tractor?
I have read the manual and can't figure some things out...

1) what does the two float leavers do? and when would I use them?
2) I have a switch to turn on the PTO, on the other side I have a leaver that goes into 540 and 1000, do I need to have it in 540 before turning on PTO, and if so why? Do I also need to run the engine at the 540 mark on the RPM ?
3) what is 540 eco on the RPM ?
4) Any tips for a new tractor owner would be great....

Thanks,
Steven

·
Premium Member
8,134 Posts
I'm not familiar with that particular tractor model, so I'll leave most of your questions to someone who is. It sounds like your pto has two available pto speeds, 540rpm and 1000rpm. Check the ratings of the attachmment that you plan on powering with the pto and select the pto speed accordingly. Some implements are made to run on 540rpm and orthers are made to run on 1000rpm. You should select the pto speed before turning on the pto.

Most tractors have a recommended "optimal" running rpm for the engine, and that is usuallly where you run the engine to get the pto to turn at the rated 540rpm or 1000rpm. For most full size tractors, this optimal speed is somewhere in the range of 2200 to 3000 rpm, depending on the model, and smaller tractors generally run a little higher. Some even have governors that set the "optimal" rpm for you when you set the throttle to the highest setting. I would guess (and even put a small amount of money on a wager) that you should not run the engine at 540rpm to get the pto to run at 540rpm.

Another guess here, and not as confident on this one, but a setting marked "540 eco" on the tachometer sounds like maybe your tractor will limit the pto to 540 once you have the engine up to a specified minimum rpm, and won't spin the pto any faster even if you rev the engine higher, and that "540 eco" position is the spot that will give you the best fuel economy and still run the pto at 540rpm.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i really don't know any more than what has allready been said. but would like to welcome you and someone will be around that knows more about this.:Welcome1:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Agco,( Allis-Gleaner Corp,),

is a very large world wide organization based in Duluth, Ga.! They have connections with Case, Massey, Deutz, White Tractor, new Idea and the list is climbing. If anyone could create a sales problem for New Holland, John Deere and some field equipment manufactures, they could! They've bought the distribution rights to Massey Ferguson among others including the White tractor line. No doubt you'll hear more of them in the future.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts