My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I attempted to mow (brush hog) the back of the property a few days ago. I was wrong for using a MMM on it. I'm looking for a 4' brush hog to knock this down next. But this the first time I've actually mowed the lawn since we bought the property. It took me AWHILE......to mow. Found lots of hidden "surprises" that I had to dig out with the bucket so I don't damage the blades anymore. But, all in all, I enjoyed doing it, and that lousy little 8K used Kubota did it's job well!

Attachments

·
Kioti SCUT
582 Posts
I love the trees. Beautiful. Cal

·
Super Moderator
11,157 Posts
Jeff...spectacular piece of property...what is the fenced in thing to the left in picture #2?..Nice photos...the Kub is earning its keep!

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff...spectacular piece of property...what is the fenced in thing to the left in picture #2?..Nice photos...the Kub is earning its keep!
First off, I apologize, I took the picture before the weed wacking was done. But it's a raised, fenced in garden/flower bed. The fence is to keep the deer out. The funny thing is, I told my wife I was going to build one for her this year, so the wouldn't have to bend over or be on her knees all the time when she was gardening. But luckily, the house already had one. It's pretty large too. It's horseshoe shaped, probably four feet wide all the way around, and probably 50' total length. So, 200sq. ft. of gardening area or so?

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,816 Posts
Nice shots, Jeff. That barn is just way too big, and I wish I had one. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Just Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice shots, Jeff. That barn is just way too big, and I wish I had one. :D
For me, it's actually too small. It's too late in the year now because I've got a lot on my plate, but next year I'm going to look into either expanding it (if possible realistically) or removing it and building a clear span structure for more area and wide open space inside. And a slab still has to be poured once I decide what I'm going to do, because it currently has a dirt floor, and I'm sure mice would have a field day with wiring harnesses of my machines. But IT IS better than I had at my other house for sure.

·
Super Moderator
38,007 Posts
Just a real nice piece of property Jeff, and yes mmm is not the tool for the job on those fields so we'll be looking for some bushhog pics to follow!

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a real nice piece of property Jeff, and yes mmm is not the tool for the job on those fields so we'll be looking for some bushhog pics to follow!
You are correct Sir! When I did it, the tractor ran very warm, borderline red zone, and there are some pretty nasty rocks and dips in the hill. I've been looking for some counterweight for awhile, I guess a brush hog will be it!

·
Super Moderator
38,007 Posts
You are correct Sir! When I did it, the tractor ran very warm, borderline red zone, and there are some pretty nasty rocks and dips in the hill. I've been looking for some counterweight for awhile, I guess a brush hog will be it!
You don't want to hit any buried objects with that mmm, a bush hog will handle them without wrecking everything! Did a lot of bushhogging with an AC WD-45 as a kid.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You don't want to hit any buried objects with that mmm, a bush hog will handle them without wrecking everything! Did a lot of bushhogging with an AC WD-45 as a kid.
Yup, I'm on the hunt for one on CL and marketplace now.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, picked up the brush hog yesterday. It turned out to be as clean as it looked in the pictures. Kind of hard to tell with the glare of the sun in this one, but it's very nice. I'm anxious to get back up North and run her once to see how she does.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
17,011 Posts
Following along here w/ you-Jeff. This in Florida?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Nice property Jeff, nice tractor too!

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Following along here w/ you-Jeff. This in Florida?
No Glenn, the new property is in the U.P. of MI. It's kind of confusing, because we're juggling houses right now. We've lived in Northern IL for the last 25 years. My wife and I are both Wisconsin natives, but we moved down to IL to make a buck when we were young. She's a retired teacher now, and I am a retired carpenter, and have a snow removal business.. We've also had a house in Northern WI for the last 20 years or so. Once the wife retired about 3 years ago (she took an early retirement after 29 years, because she couldn't take it anymore) we decided we wanted out of the rat race, and back to a quieter place with some land. So, we just recently bought the place in MI, we'll sell the house in IL, and keep the place in WI, as it's close to the in-laws, who are pretty old, and need some help sometimes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts