My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new ZTR was delivered yesterday. Marilyn has never mowed a blade of grass in her life, but she's looking forward to this year. She'll have these 3 1/2 acres to practice on. My tractors with mowers will have all year to rest up... all 13 of them while I'm recuperating.

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
That IS one lucky lady! Makes me envious of her good fortune.

Hope she enjoys the experience.

-=A=-

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow George,

That’s a serious ZTR mower.
Keep an eye on her the first couple of cuts.
Make sure she doesn’t leave any clumps or cheat on the back side edges.
You can never be too careful, good help is hard to find.
Get well and keep us posted.

·
Scags rule
61 Posts
Nice

I hope you weren't counting on getting any seat time....from the look of that smile on her face you're going to have a hard time getting her off of that thing! Congrats on the new Ride...it looks great!

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Nice looking ZTR

Gwill...I hope your feeling up and around soon to play on it too :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Admin said:
Wow that is a nice machine...

is that a roll bar?

those things look like a blast to drive...
Yes thats a roll bar. The first thing you should do is take it off. Not just the top half, but take the rear wheels off and unbolt the ROPs from the bottom. You will be a lot happier with them off. Because the first tree you will mower around you are going to either rip the branch off or flip the mower over when the top of the bar catches it. (I have seen a ZTR get flipped that way twice, and personally have gotten hit in the head with the branch that was ripped off :bonk: ) Low garage doors also have the same effect as tree limbs. (don't ask me why I know that)

If you do decide to keep the ROPS on. Do not and I repeat do not put the seat belt on. The seat belt is not a 3 point seat belt, so nothing is going to keep you from slamming your head on the ground if you should flip it. With it off, you got a better chance of jumping then riding it out.

I am telling you this as a seasoned landscaper thats spends a lot of hours on one of these. I hope I am not sounding to harsh. But I am telling from expernce what can and will happen.

Anyways. Its a nice machine. :fing02: Buddy of mine has that same one. The front kick stand is a life saver (literatly) when changing blades. Heck its looks like she could change them herself. Just give her an impact gun and spare set of blades. Lets us know if she is any good at getting the lines straight. I am always looking for another crew member.

O one last thing. Let her run it for a while on 1/2 throttle and with the blades off untils she get the hang of it. Then cut the first time at 1/2 throttle and then again at full.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
If the rain holds off George, she might be able to get a little seat time here real soon. Gonna warm up but i'm sure that means more rain too. :banghead3

Durwood

1 - 8 of 8 Posts