My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice find and the price was good. Was going to say it just needed a little cleaning up but you've already gotten into it. Be sure to post pictures of the finished job.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Congrats on getting your first MF. The 1655/1855 tractors are heavy duty garden tractors and will last forever almost with some TLC. I've got over 2500 hrs on my 1855 and still useing it!

·
22,750 Posts
Looks good. Nothing a stay outside in the rain wouldn't cure as far as cosmetics are concerned.

Great piece of equipment. My 1655 also has over 2300 hours.

Bob :rauch10:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks like you got a good start going on the resto.
Keep us posted, and pics as you go.(I like to watch other people
work) :)

You'll be a happy camper once you get her dialed in. You can't
beat old school solid craftsmanship.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have some pics in a couple days.Question where could I pick up rear pto shaft or pto shaft parts? Thanks Jimmy

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 1650 has that same headlight gone, but it's because the original muffler was shot & I replaced with the canister type which points straight out the front at that spot (mine came with the original engine already replaced with a Magnum 16)

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
nice machine

should have atleast 13v across the battery running

unplug the lead that runs from the stator under the flywheel, switch to AC Voltage on your meter, should have 20-30v

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
If you have to change the regulator/retifier, a word of caution, soak those two nuts holding the assemble to the tractor. The studs are welded on at the factory, don't want to twist one off if it can be helped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts