My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just took delivery of a new JD x300 earlier today. It will join up with the JD JS45 I purchased this spring to keep my little half acre looking sharp. 100 + heat index today in southern Oklahoma - good day to break her in :thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:MTF_wel: Sam !, nice to have you here, and congrats on the new ride :fing32:

:thanku: for the pic !.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Premium Member
9,615 Posts
Enjoy the new ride, but I'd be working early or late with that heat. You certainly wouldn't get me out in the middle of the day. Maybe we can trade some weather. Up here it's been raining for a month. We are about to set a record for the cloudiest June ever. My lawn and shrubs look good but the farmers crops are way behind schedule, or water-logged to death. The family farm has a tough enough time in these parts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be the first person I've seen that has a "caster wheel" Deere push mower. How do you like it?
It was a bit rough at first, but now I find standard configurations clumsy and hard to maneuver. I also love the rear wheel drive and JD's MowMentum drive control. Beats any other self-propelled mower I've owned.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enjoy the new ride, but I'd be working early or late with that heat. You certainly wouldn't get me out in the middle of the day. Maybe we can trade some weather. Up here it's been raining for a month. We are about to set a record for the cloudiest June ever. My lawn and shrubs look good but the farmers crops are way behind schedule, or water-logged to death. The family farm has a tough enough time in these parts.
I'm okay unless, like today, there's no breeze. Calm air with a high heat index sucks the life right out of you before you know it. Managed to survive though with long breaks and plenty of water. The x300 performed magnificently!

We have our fingers crossed for a few drops of rain tomorrow night or Sunday morning. Hopefully the temp. will back off a few degrees as well. Last I heard farms and ranches in this area are doing okay for now, but you never know how the summer will go. May not see any significant rain until September, or it may start raining and not stop for a month.

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
Grats on the X300 and welcome to MTF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts