My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tool Camera accessory Cylinder Measuring instrument Bicycle part

Radley brand tools are exclusive to Home Hardware and are made by different manufacturers. Parts for this leaf blower are available online through mecanair.net

This is a 3-in-1 Blower, vacuum, and mulcher. So far, I have only tried the blower function.
Vision care Bicycle handlebar Sleeve Eyewear Gesture

The specs say that the idle RPM should be between 2900 and 3500 RPM while max RPM is purported to be 8000 RPM but it is nowhere near that fast. I will have to put my tach on is to see what the actual is. I did turn up the idle speed. The carb seems to need adjustments as it four-strokes sometimes. It started to smooth out on the second tank of fuel. I will give it time to break-in before tweaking it.

The unit is purported to weigh 9.5 pounds but it feels heavier than that. I don't think that weight includes the vacuum and bagger attachments.

I put a slight up-turn curve on the end of the nozzle by softening the plastic with a heat gun.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The unit is purported to weigh 9.5 pounds but it feels heavier than that.
Turns out, the person that authored the manual cannot convert metric to imperial. The manual purports it to weigh 4.5 kg which is actually 9.9 pounds. The author made a mistake converting the spark plug gap as well. It is 0.6 mm and not 1/4 inch but rather 0.023 inch.

This unit does not have a label with starting instructions so I expect to have to coach the wife repeatedly. Not like the instructions actually would make a difference as she keeps asking for a refresher on the other leaf blower. Both leaf blowers have black air filter covers and the raised black choke legend on them is very hard to see. I scuffed the raised legend with fine emery and painted them with a white paint pen to stand out.

The other issue I foresee happening is with the ON/OFF ( O / I ) rocker switch. The Champion blower has a momentary contact kill switch that returns to the ON ( I ) position but this Radley does not so one needs to remember to set it back to ON.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts