My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the Admin for starting this Ford area. :congrats:

I've got two Ford GT's, a 1979 Ford LGT100 and a 1980 LGT165.

The 100:

The 165:

And both:

The LGT100 has a Kohler K241 and is a gear drive, while the 165 has the K341 and is a hydrostat. Both have tube frames, cast iron front axles, and both need restoring.

I put the K241 in the 165 while I rebuild the K341 and recently got a dozer blade for moving snow.

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
:Welcome: to the MTF...

Those are 2 very nice looking tractors!! I've never seen a Ford LT/GT and am really impressed. They look to be in great shape. What is your schedule on restoring them? Can you tell us a bit more about them? Maybe some history?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Ford tractors were made by Jacobsen from the early 60's until 1983, then Gilson started building them for Ford. I prefer the models from 1977-1983 with the side panels. They had six models then: 100, 120 (gear drives), 125, 145, 165, and 195 (hydros). My goal is to get one of each model, with the 195 being my "Holy Grail."

The 165 has hydraulic lift, and hi/lo range on the hydro. The 100 has 4 speeds, with 1st gear being a "granny" gear. You could pull a house in first.

There were options for adding front hydraulics, rear PTO, 3pt hitch, etc.

This is my goal for restoring:

Not quite original resto, but I love the way it looks.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Ahhh Ford Blue... Nice looking tractors Kid Muddy... Paul I did not see the blue oval what gives??? ROF Paul where are you? I am sure you will be estatic over thiese FORD little tractors :D

·
Super Moderator
32,064 Posts
draddogs said:
Ahhh Ford Blue... Nice looking tractors Kid Muddy... Paul I did not see the blue oval what gives??? ROF Paul where are you? I am sure you will be estatic over thiese FORD little tractors :D

Ok so ya I bleed Ford blue. cant help it. :D

REAL nice BTW. have not seen many of them

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Does anybody have any infirmation on Ford compact tractors.

What were some of the model numbers.
Some pictures would be nice too.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Kid Muddy said:
I've got two Ford GT's, a 1979 Ford LGT100 and a 1980 LGT165 .
===========
How did you happen to come by these?

I have 2 Bolens 850 Tractors.
I bought the 1966 new.
Last June I bought a 1967.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lb59 said:
===========
How did you happen to come by these?

I have 2 Bolens 850 Tractors.
I bought the 1966 new.
Last June I bought a 1967.

I bought both of them on eBay. One was here in Minnesota, and the other was from Nebraska. They show up on eBay all the time it seems now, but I haven't gotten permission from the CFO yet on buying any more of them. :tsk: :banghead3

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Argee said:
The Ford compacts evolved into the New Holland boomer series.
I'm interested in the Pre New Holland Ford Compacts.
I would guess in the years 1994 to 2000 when they were plain old Fords before NH got involved.
My cousin has one he bought new sometime during that period.
The looks / style and size of it resembles the Kubota B series tractor of those years.
I visit 2 other tractor boards regularly and have been on several other ones.
I have never seen these particular Fords mentioned or discussed on any of the boards.
Would like to know what compact models and numbers were produced by them in those years.
Would love to view pictures of them.

Any body on this bord know any thing about these tractors or have one of them?

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
My 1715 is a 1996...it is a Ford with a New Holland badge...a transitional unit if you will. Here's a link that may shed some more light on it for you.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
lb59 said:
I'm interested in the Pre New Holland Ford Compacts.
I would guess in the years 1994 to 2000 when they were plain old Fords before NH got involved.
*****My cousin has one he bought new sometime during that period.
The looks / style and size of it resembles the Kubota B series tractor of those years.
Any body on this bord know any thing about these tractors or have one of them?
*****I just found out his is a 1998

1 - 15 of 15 Posts