My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted my first post to be a Cub post!! I say winter for me is over but it
was fun. Not as much snow as the last few years, but fun never the less
I think we have some new folks with Cub 3000 series machines?

Ducati

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad I have friends to show me the way!! yeah I was cold this day, and I'm glad winter is over (almost)

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
hey duc glad to see you made it over..

i like the way you have those guides up ready to go... you expecting a blizzard???

i put mine up a few times.. really just for looks.. not sure if they served much of a purpose.. except they were like a guide to tell me when id hit my shed & trash barrels

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Glad to see you Duc. I told you we was working on something. :pcguru:

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
I moved it.

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
Hey Duc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see ya!!! Looks like the tractor brands are splint unto themselves over here but I'm going to check into the Cub category and talk to ya now and then and expect you to drop into the Craftsman category and the MTD category to yak at me. :tee:

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Well....

Now we gotta get Cadurning and his fire breathing Cub over here!! LOL

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jodyand said:
Glad to see you Duc. I told you we was working on something. :pcguru:
I told you spike isnt banning any longer- for the most part anyway
I would have never guessed yotaman as your alias....thank you all for the invite, directly and indirectly

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: sbman I dont have a 3000 model i have a little 1525. Thats a nice one you have how do you like the tiller does it work good?

G

·
0 Posts
Can't believe I missed this post!

Welcome Joe! So glad to see you post here on MTF! :fing10:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sbman said:
Pics of my 3225

ducati996 sent me over here, thought I'd join the fray.

Where are the other pics at?
Sbman,

I'm glad you got my general post because I couldnt reach out to you privately - at at the peril of getting banned for advertising another site!!
There is more folks over at GW who have 3000 machines....if you know of any tell them to stop by. The reason why I wanted to build some archieves for the pictures and general information speciafically about the 3000 series that can help those who have them. GW dumps the info after two weeks basically -gone forever
I like your pictures the best because you got the tiller and a box blade that
my compact uses, but the Cub 3000 with 2wd handles it just fine!!
Did you get your reverse pedal adjusted correctly?

Ducati

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
€hieƒ™ said:
Can't believe I missed this post!

Welcome Joe! So glad to see you post here on MTF! :fing10:
Thanks Chief -I'm glad things are happening

You posted a ton of deere stuff - love it !!

see ya around Buddy!!

Ducati

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For general Cub 3000 worshipers (myself and others) Sbman posted some pictures of Cub's hydrolic tiller with reverse direction. Its one of the nicest tilling setups you can buy under the ultra expensive professional harley rakes
i think they call them....I will let him show the detail and results at his leisure
but its nice to see that setup. Really glad he made it here!!

Ducati

·
Super Moderator
32,057 Posts
ducati996 said:
For general Cub 3000 worshipers (myself and others) Sbman posted some pictures of Cub's hydrolic tiller with reverse direction. Its one of the nicest tilling setups you can buy under the ultra expensive professional harley rakes
i think they call them....I will let him show the detail and results at his leisure
but its nice to see that setup. Really glad he made it here!!

Ducati
I have a hydro powerd reversable tiller for my IIngersoll, and oh ya they are AWSOME!!!!!! Nothing better AFAIAC

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here are a couple more pics that I had posted on the other forum. The tiller does a really nice job, I was really surprised at how easily it turns the ground over.

I've used the box scraper quite a bit now and I'm very happy with what I can get done with it. I can rip hard ground up with 3 teeth extended OK, but if I only put 1 tooth down it can dig real nice. I'm sure a bigger machine can cut a lot deeper, but I'm happy with what I can do. Once I add a bit more weight with wheel weights and switch to ag tires it should be even better.

Does anyone know what the lift ability of the 3 point is on the 3000 series? I haven't been able to find the spec anywhere.

Ducati: I was also wondering if your snowblower attaches to the front splines of the PTO? I'd like to see some closeups of how that attaches if it does, I want to fabricate a mount for a hydro pump up there.

I haven't gotten the reverse problem corrected yet, but I'm convinced it is just an adjustment. I talked to the dealer about it and they are going to fax me a diagram that shows the adjustment. If I can't get it, they'll adjust it when they deliver my mowing deck.

This pic shows the hydro pump mounted under the machine:

This is a pic of the pump itself:

Here is a pic of the tiller hookup to the 3 point hitch:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sbman,

Thanks for posting those extra pictures, its nice to see this setup. I would imagine that tiller being 400 plus lbs, maybe 500. I will try and located the spec on the tiller. I can see the 3pt lifting 500 lbs without a problem...
That box blade is 400 lbs and I'm sure it goes right up.....your front end might get too light however!
I will post pictures of the front end from my Blower in a few days -because its still dark when I get home, so the weekend would be best. Yes the front part of the PTO is where the shaft with the quick attach coupler attaches to.

At least on this site the good info lasts, along with the good info

Ducati

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the tiller is about 250-300 lbs since we had to lift it out of the back of my 4 runner. 3 guys did it ok. When I picked up the machine I didn't get a long enough trailer to haul the machine with the tiller attached I thought 8' would be long enough but it wasn't.

The box blade is really heavy. I can lift the front of the machine when the box blade is in the air but their is still at least 100-150 lbs on the front wheels. When I sit on the machine I'm sure that puts some more weight on the front as well. It gets light enough that I loose steering when I've got it really full.

Another thing I've found is that the Diff Lock sometimes requires a quick turn to one direction or the other to get it to release. It makes sense now that I think about it.

Where are all the other 3000 series pics?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts