My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
close enuff works for me
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been playing with john deere garden tractors for 20 years ,110's 112's ,a few 210's . The newest one I have owned is a lt 180 for lawn mowing. It was 10 years old when I purchased that one . Have been eyeing the scut tractors at the john deere dealership ,every time I went in to get parts for my collection of old john deere. About a year ago my wife said why don't you just buy one. Having never spent more than $ 350 for any of the deere I have , spending $17,000 to $18,000 on a tractor took a little time to get past my frugal way of thinking.

John Deere makes it real easy to purchase a deere 10% down ,interest free loan ,60 small, easy payments.

Last week of december I bought a 1025r with front end loader , and a set of pallet forks. Still leaerning to use the bucket to move snow ,was not pretty the first time out . Ripped up sod and very messed up snow banks on both sides of the drive way. A lot more fun than all the old manual transmission tractors ,and power steering is wonderful.

·
close enuff works for me
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will sell 3 or 4 tractors this spring, need the room, and this tractor will do what several of the 110,and 112's were doing.

·
Premium Member
9,663 Posts
Congratulations !! I had had to sell couple to get my 1023e. I have about one hour on it, but fun so far.
I want pallet forks and a grapple next!!

We kinda expect Picture here LOL

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Congrats on the 1025R, you will never regret it. I've had mine since Oct. of 2017 and it just hit 300 hrs on the clock. I have the pallet forks along with the bucket and finally got an EverythingAttachments Wicked Grapple last year. The grapple is the best thing since sliced bread. I am amazed at how much work I can do with it and a tractor this size. I also have a Piranha Tooth Bar on my bucket. Suggest you look into one. I also have the 48" box blade, 48" rotary cutter, and 60 drive-over mid mount mower. Don't really need it but I've got my eye on getting a 48" rotary tiller, told my "finance manager" I needed it to work on levelling some places in our large yard. We'll see how that goes. Good luck with your new tractor and be careful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats. I got my 1025r in December as well. Included a snowblower, which has been used only once so far. It seems a lot of people say good things about grapples.

·
close enuff works for me
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMG_0588 (1).JPG

Took a picture of the new Deere ,have rear blade from my ford 8n on the back. Bought a new tractor ,now we have no snow . Almost wish it would snow 7 to 8 inches ,so I would have something to do. February 3 ,no snow and temps in low 50's oh well, will probably be moving snow in april ,

·
1K poster
1,799 Posts
I did something similar, I had a few extra L&G tractors, sold them and now just have the 1023E, 16D and my two 140's. I've had as many as 10 at one time, but having the 1023E increases seat time, because the quick-tach attachments make going back and forth real easy.

·
That Guy
1,082 Posts
I just purchased a new to me 1025R and right after I purchased some Edge Tamers, since like you I will be plowing with a loader. May I suggest you take a look a look at them?

Snapchat-1028252402.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts