My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that were wanting to know what the 1025r can do. Sometimes it does more than I thought it would do, then there are times I’m a bit disappointed. Then I remind myself that this is not a Big Deere. While I will not abuse this machine, I do mean to work it and get a lot of work done this summer. Over all, I’m delighted! Been wanting one of these this for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like fun :thThumbsU

Sometimes I wish I had more land to work with, running out of big projects is a sad thing. What part of your tractor have you found disappointing? For me it was realizing how 1800 pounds of tractor is really nothing when it comes to ripping large stumps out of the ground haha. Which is really more a reasonable limitation for these small machines, they really are quite capable.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sometimes I wish I had more land to work with, running out of big projects is a sad thing. What part of your tractor have you found disappointing? For me it was realizing how 1800 pounds of tractor is really nothing when it comes to ripping large stumps out of the ground haha. Which is really more a reasonable limitation for these small machines, they really are quite capable.
I shouldn’t have said I was disappointed, because I’m not. About 7 years ago I borrowed a friend’s large skid steer to clear land for my home. That skid steer takes no prisoners. I just need to remind myself that the 1025 is not the same. All and all, I will be able to get most , if not all of what I need done with this tractor. As others have said, it may just take a little longer.
BTW…When I was looking at tractors, I took a serious look at BX25 and I think, the BX26660, but in the end bought the 1025r.

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
From the pics, it looks like the 1025R is doing a good job for you. :trink39:

It may take a little longer to do some of the big jobs, but you you get more seat time on the tractor. :fing32:

·
Registered
47 Posts

The biggest problem I see with the 1 series when doing heavy loader work is the lack of weight of the tractor, a ballast box full of cement cures that problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can see that problem with the loader, these sized rigs are definitely a little lighter on their feet so that can be an issue. I'm sure the cement box works well, but having a 3-point attachment or backhoe works well too :)

As far as disappointment, perhaps that's a bit of a harsh word. I had to go through the same thing and it was more like an unrealistic expectation for the machine. When I first went to dig into my back yard and lifted the rear end up before the ground broke much, I was a bit disappointed. After using it a bit I realized that, being my first tractor, I set my expectations a bit higher than I should have. Still, I feel like it's a good thing to have those moments because it teaches me the capabilities and limitations of the machine.

Before I bought my rig I went back and forth over getting the Deere or Kubota, to the point where I had quotes from several dealers (local and out of state) and even scheduled test drives. I settled on the Kubota partly because I got a better deal than the Deere dealer offered me but also because the dealership I worked with had much better customer service than the Deere dealer. I'm sure if I had gotten the 1026r in TLB form I'd be just as happy with it, seeing your pics just goes to reinforce just how capable these machines are.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the pics, it looks like the 1025R is doing a good job for you. :trink39:

It may take a little longer to do some of the big jobs, but you you get more seat time on the tractor. :fing32:
I will get plenty of seat time. In the past I’ve cleared land by hand, on my knees pulling small trees and digging out large ones buy hand. I’m getting too old for that anymore. I want to clear to very much expand the garden and also have a decent area for a few chickens to roam.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The biggest problem I see with the 1 series when doing heavy loader work is the lack of weight of the tractor, a ballast box full of cement cures that problem.
I'm never sure how much weight to have in the ballast box. I have 6 cinder blocks. Is that enough and can I over do it?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can see that problem with the loader, these sized rigs are definitely a little lighter on their feet so that can be an issue. I'm sure the cement box works well, but having a 3-point attachment or backhoe works well too :)

As far as disappointment, perhaps that's a bit of a harsh word. I had to go through the same thing and it was more like an unrealistic expectation for the machine. When I first went to dig into my back yard and lifted the rear end up before the ground broke much, I was a bit disappointed. After using it a bit I realized that, being my first tractor, I set my expectations a bit higher than I should have. Still, I feel like it's a good thing to have those moments because it teaches me the capabilities and limitations of the machine.

Before I bought my rig I went back and forth over getting the Deere or Kubota, to the point where I had quotes from several dealers (local and out of state) and even scheduled test drives. I settled on the Kubota partly because I got a better deal than the Deere dealer offered me but also because the dealership I worked with had much better customer service than the Deere dealer. I'm sure if I had gotten the 1026r in TLB form I'd be just as happy with it, seeing your pics just goes to reinforce just how capable these machines are.
I'm realizing that technique with the right hand and left foot doubles the digging production.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm never sure how much weight to have in the ballast box. I have 6 cinder blocks. Is that enough and can I over do it?
I really don't know, most people around me fil them with cement, which I'm sure is heavier than that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts