Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Wow, very nice trailer, and great load!

Mike

Reactions: 77cruiser

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Lot of weight there . Pretty good load .

I had the trailer custom made with heavier axles and bracing underneath 12" apart. Rear gate is split with spring assist and knee bracing rated for 7,000#s on gate.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
How much do you figure you have there? You have any place to weigh a load?

Guessing 2 cord, Don't see much point in weighing it, can't get anymore in it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Took a few more pics of trailer unloading. The loader tractor really does save the back and make things quite a bit more easier. A few pics of the progress for two days work.

Also a few pics of the Coulee, the colors are at peak right now.
DSCF0015.JPG
DSCF0016.JPG
DSCF0017.JPG
DSCF0018.JPG
DSCF0019.JPG
DSCF0020.JPG
DSCF0021.JPG
DSCF0022.JPG
DSCF0023.JPG
DSCF0028.JPG

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Done with the pine load...

Mike

20201010_162600.jpg
20201010_162645.jpg

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Mike...I bet you are thrilled to see an empty trailer.

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
More than I should be, lol...

Mike

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,209
I had everything that was cut already split and stacked, so this morning I cut a couple tanks of mix worth off this big Red Oak. I'm not quite to the DBH point, but cutting 30" diameter rounds now. Pretty much the limit for my saw.

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,079 Posts
That is some big wood Jere. Nice solid stuff. Can just feel the heat coming off that at burn time.

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Limit??? Isn't that what noodling is for? Beavers have (relatively) small teeth...

Mike

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,212 (Edited)
Limit??? Isn't that what noodling is for? Beavers have (relatively) small teeth...

Mike
Probably should have been clearer:
At about 32" diameter, I am pretty much at the limit of my 24" bar for the crosscut bucking cuts. I could technically cut a 48-ish" round, but it would be a ton of work on my 61cc saw, and a metric ton on this old sawyer.
I think you can see on the face of both cuts, the one in my post a couple up from here, and this one with Scout that I was cutting down the back side of the log as far as I could reach, then leveling out the saw and finishing the cut. That left that kerf line there in the face.

I don't need to do any noodling on this splendid straight grained Red Oak. My maul will quarter these on the ground (I can't lift them), maybe sixth them. Then up on a block for the fine Fiskars work.

You folks with the big saws and nothing to cut are welcome to visit. Scout also is interested in some assist in counting the rings as I get down toward the stump:

Reactions: c5rulz and mikeinri

·
Registered
405 Posts
any of you guys run a long wood duel fuel i have one , my dad put in in 1977 I have been useing it but I need to fix the combination air damper and I need to build new greats , maby I can get by one more year on the greats the damper is a piece of foil tape i cut the air back , if i can't get reproduction greats I think I can build them with 3 inch c Chanel I hope .

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
My saw only has an 18-inch bar, so I definitely feel your pain, Jere. Was just having a little fun.

Self-correction: I did buy a 20-inch bar and chain for it, but haven't installed those yet. Being a lowly box store Husqy 350, I'm not sure it'll pull through oak as well as advertised (just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it, if you get my drift).

Mike

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
. Scout also is interested in some assist in counting the rings as I get down toward the stump:
View attachment 2477774

Scout is looking fit and trim. Like us the grey is taking over.

Kade has a new stablemate even though it was not exactly his idea. Beau took over in Yatt's footprints.
DSCF0007.JPG
DSCF0008.JPG

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,217
Looking good Ron. They get along ok?
Scout has less gray than me, so he's got that going for him. His 12th birthday is coming up on Halloween. He wasn't much help wrestling these out of the briars here. I should have waited till I had the grapple on my tractor:

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,218
Scout and I got after our Oak this morning with a little whacking and stacking:

T-shirt weather in late October is not my preference.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,235 Posts
Finally got around to splitting the ash that came down in storm last year.

There was some pine mixed in from tree we took down. That will be for the fire pit.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Looking good Ron. They get along ok?
Scout has less gray than me, so he's got that going for him. His 12th birthday is coming up on Halloween. He wasn't much help wrestling these out of the briars here. I should have waited till I had the grapple on my tractor:

View attachment 2477880
Beau can be a little over the top at times, but they play grab @ss all the time so Kade tolerates him OK.

Reactions: Jere39
3201 - 3220 of 3251 Posts