My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, finished up the latest accessory for the Suburban today this should hold the front end down its amazing how much a block of steel 3.25" X 3.25 X 12" put it on the scale and it read 42 lbs.

GB in MN

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Nice!! Plain, simple, effective! Thats the way to work smarter!

I have some 100lb barbells i think I am going to extend one of my spare mule drives and use the barbell as a front counterweight.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
That will work for a bumper also. 42 lbs should be enough to keep in down. I have about that on one tractor and 60 on the other.

nice pulley cover.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,715 Posts
I like the mule drive mount!--is it an old mower drive one with the pulleys cut off,or a custom made one??....that'll be a nice battering ram if your not careful too!..

I grabbed an old torque converter a friend had he was junking,hoping to make a pair of wheel weights if I could find a mate to it--but this one was out of a big tranny,like a 4L80 or something,,and is too big in diameter to fit inside my rims,its almost 14" in diameter!..so I am probably going to use it as a front or rear weight instead..it weighs 45 lbs empty,if I fill it with cement it'll probably weigh at least 65 lbs or more..it'll be easy to mount ,by sliding the "neck" on it onto a pipe with a bigger I.D....

I'm hoping my friend does a few more tranny swaps on smaller vehicles so I can still use a pair of them as wheel weights..they'll be heavy,and indestructable!...my plastic ones with cement have seen better days and are ready for replacement..I saw a pair of torque converters last winter on a guys Wheel Horse,and thought it was a really good idea...

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
I like the mule drive mount!--is it an old mower drive one with the pulleys cut off,or a custom made one??....that'll be a nice battering ram if your not careful too!..

I grabbed an old torque converter a friend had he was junking,hoping to make a pair of wheel weights if I could find a mate to it--but this one was out of a big tranny,like a 4L80 or something,,and is too big in diameter to fit inside my rims,its almost 14" in diameter!..so I am probably going to use it as a front or rear weight instead..it weighs 45 lbs empty,if I fill it with cement it'll probably weigh at least 65 lbs or more..it'll be easy to mount ,by sliding the "neck" on it onto a pipe with a bigger I.D....

I'm hoping my friend does a few more tranny swaps on smaller vehicles so I can still use a pair of them as wheel weights..they'll be heavy,and indestructable!...my plastic ones with cement have seen better days and are ready for replacement..I saw a pair of torque converters last winter on a guys Wheel Horse,and thought it was a really good idea...
TH, I think brake drums off a chevy may fit inside a rear wheel- not 100% on that, but you could fill it with concrete, and you'd have a nice heavy and metal coated wheel weight

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Tractor-Holic, I had a friend of mind bend up a couple channels for the front wt, I had to cut the slots and weld in the studs I see I didn't get the slots cut exactly square but it works. I like the torque convert idea form wts also GT 80's brake drum idea should work good also, I'm thinking a torque convert from a Ford Pinto tranny should be close to the right size more ideas to plaqy with.
GB in MN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts