My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the X500 that I have been working on for about two weeks. It didn't have one shiny part on it when I bought it. All of the plastic was dull and the powder coating was too. Overall it was in pretty good shape with only 236 hours on it. It did need a new seat that I had leftover from another tractor. The PowerFlo unit did not come with it although it had the head unit with the deck. I bought another PF system for $125! The PO did not like it and had stored it in his garage after about three uses. The deck and the wheels are really like new for an older machine. Here are some pictures. Not a bad deal for $2125!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looking good!!. Just about same hours as mine.
Now all you need is tall grass and / or fall leaves tp fill those bags.
Enjoy!

·
blinged out
1,222 Posts
wow, you got a great deal on the PF. the chute is probably worth more than that! I notice your front deck bracket is on with the rods up, is there a reason for that?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! You have sharp eyes! I put that together just as a thunderstorm was coming and didn't even notice it. Thanks for your keen eyes! You are right, I did get a great deal on the PF unit. And just today I put the extra PF blower unit that came on the X500 on CL and FB for sale! If I get $200 for it then the price of the X500 will drop to $1800 with 236 hours on it! It just goes to show that even Ag-Pro dealers need to get cash sometimes. I bought another X500 with a manual sleeve hitch, mulching kit, and scrape blade for $2400, with 155 hours on it and then sold the hitch for $175 and the blade made a 445/40 deal go through and the mulching kit sold an X520. I almost never sell all of the items that come with any mower but use them to sell others. If I didn't enjoy doing it I would not recommend it to anyone. I have a standing invitation to all of my customers that if they have a problem that I can help them with all they have to do is to bring it to my home and I will do what I can. I tell them that I am not a mechanic but I can tell them a lot about what's wrong so that they do not get taken by unscrupulous repair people.

·
Registered
408 Posts
My suggestion is to add a strip of metal on the bottom of the Powr flo so it wont let the ground wear the plastic.. Worked great for me.I used a thin piece of stainless and cut slots at 3/8" intervals so I could bend a rub edge as well. and glued and pop rivetted it on.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I have done on several units. I haven't seen one yet that didn't need the metal strip. It would seem that JD would know this and add the strip at the factory. I use black caulk and 1/4 inch pop rivets around the edges of the strip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts