My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got me a new (old) kubota b7100 and I love it so far as this thing is a tractor and a half.
The only downfall that it has is the deck is a bit small at 48 inches. Its great for general mowing but i would like to know what would be the best recommended size for a rear finish mower for it. There is a nice less than a year old finish mower that I can probably trade to but it is a "72 incher and I dont know for sure or not if the 7100 will handle that big of a mower.
This b7100 is a 2 wheel drive version.
So Guys and Gals if any are out there, I seek your Opinions and Views about what would be the best finish mower for this tractor.
As always thanks in advance for your help.
Greg

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't know if this will help or not but I have a 45hp Ford tractor running a
6ft. brush hog and there are times when mowing deep grass that it is using most of those horses. With a finish mower you will probably be cutting shorter grass but on the other hand you will be turning more machinery. I personaly would not recommend anything larger than 5ft and even that may very well be a stretch. Good your researching before you purchase!
Good luck,
Chris

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Your B7100 has a 16hp engine that makes approx 13hp at the pto and unfortunately 48" is about as big as you'd want to power.
Those old B models are very stout and are very deceiving as they work much "bigger" than they actually are.

My BX23 makes around 16.5hp at the pto and the largest rotary cutter I'd work would be a 48" while I wouldn't go over a 60" RFM on it.

Your B7100 would probably have no problems spinning a 60" but it would more than likely bog down once you got into the grass.

In any case, it's still a great tractor :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess for right now I will stick with the 48 inch belly mower that is on it as it mows well. I will now be a the look out for a 48 inch finishing mower. After thinking it over and for the size of the B7100 that's more than enough as if I did go bigger I think it would also be in the way of things while mowing.
So thank you booth for getting me to thinking and letting me know about the power needed to run the bigger ones.
Thanks again
Greg

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think you made a good choice Greg. It's much easier to mow around things with a belly mower than a 3 point mower. Most belly mowers do a nice job of mowing also.
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts