My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i recently bought a cab at an auction. it was off of an international tractor, and has the comfort futureII emblem on it as well as two IH cast emblems like what you would find on the grille. also, i found a serial # tag on the left door with #18668 on it. i know there were TONS of companies that produced cabs for tractors such as Hiniker, Year-a-round...etc. i have looked at the IH dealer parts sites and cannot find any info about cabs. does anyone know any source of info for cabs for the IH tractors??? the cab i bought appears to be able to adapt to my 560, but am curious about finding some schematics that may show thier mountings....any info is most appreciated.

·
10,839 Posts
Is it possible for you to throw a picture on here for us to view it? That would help a ton.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I suspect your cab is from the "06 tractor line. My brother has a 1206 with factory cab that matches your description. I believe they were made by Comfort Cabs and marketed with the IH logo on the side. They might also have been used on the "56 series tractors before they got a better looking and more roomy cab on the '66 series. Prior to that, IH did not market a cab, to my knowledge. I would suspect that dates your cab to about 1963 or so.
Have you "googled" Comfort Cabs to check on any information?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get a pic as soon as i can. also, i mis spelled futura not future...oops. i'll try the Google route. i keep forgetting there are other search engines besides Yahoo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts