My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this gem up this morning. Story goes it was winterized three years ago and sat since. Definitely had a couple mods done to it. The rear tow bar looks a little beefier than stock and there's a bracket welded to the front that might be for suitcase weights? How rare is the hydraulic lift? Pix as it just came off the trailer:

·
Tractor Jockey
593 Posts
SWEET! I love the cup holder.

·
16,525 Posts
Nice find!! Been sitting in someone's barn for a good while..

·
10,731 Posts
If that front add-on is for weights, its to use the BIG ag tractor weights. Looks beefy enough to use as a pusher.

After a bath, that is going to look awfully nice.

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a visit to the power washer. Still need to go after it with a rag to get the grime off of it.

Looks like 39" brass tag mower deck:

Drained the oil and off to chase a new spark plug and maybe air filter.

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
Yes that is in good shape and so is the deck! Very nice find! Not sure how rare hydraulics are on that. Seen mamy 112's with similar hydraulic on them.

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Made some progress tonight. Put in a fresh battery, turned the key and... nothing. Pulled the ignition switch and cleaned the contacts and got the motor to spin. Surprised my first guess was right. Added some fresh gas and turned. She spins and spins but doesn't start. Stuck a spark plug on the lead and grounded the electrode to the negative terminal of the battery with a jumper. Very intermittent weak spark. Not even sure how these make spark since there's no coil. Must be a magneto ignition? Its a Kohler K181S 8 HP.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Nice find !!!!!!!! :fing32: That front end makes it look tough.
Cleaned up great for just a wash.:trink40:
It needs less than my 175 :fing20:

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
You said in the post no coil, but the H does show standard coil and condensor Kohler setup. The other 110 shows the magneto style system. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
those hydraulic lift is not rare but hard to find people tend not to get ride of them because of that hydro lift but none the less awesome find awesome

·
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, there's definitely no coil. Looks like the 110/112 diagram (thanks PA318Guy :fing32:) I pulled the engine cover and in the process excavated the condenser and points. The points are right around where they are on my 214. Only on this beast it looks like I have to pull the muffler to get to them :banghead3 A project for tomorrow. Also seems odd that when I pull the plug its not wet. I verified that there is fuel at the carb inlet and blew starter fluid into the intake and still got nada for the engine firing so I'm guessing/hoping either the points and/or condenser are the problem. Seems like they made the magneto to be a non-serviceable item. Maybe this is the uber-rare 110H with magneto ignition...

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,935 Posts
You lucky dog you! (note the green colour indicating I'm SEETHING with envy up here!!! :) )Pretty soon you're gonna NEED that tractor carousel CAT385B was drawing up for you! :thThumbsU

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i found a 110 round fender with the hydraulic lift. came with the deck, plow, tiller, and blower. the deck and blower have brass tags.. bought it all for $130. still have the blower

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great find and good luck in getting it running. slkpk

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Nice find. The "Herd" grows some more :fing32:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Wow!!:swow: There is nothing like a new toy :greendr:( no matter how old it and you are):trink39:

I know the 175 is no collectors item,:crybaby: but it sure is better than no toy. you have the bonus of a great toy !!!!!!!!:fing32:

More pics as the clean -up continues, please:congrats:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts