My Tractor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
After seeing your new splitter, I can fully understand you waiting 3 years to get this fella to build you one. This has to be the best log splitter I have ever seen. From the amount of firewood you have processed, I am assuming that this isn't just for personal use? I had a chainsaw dealer about a mile down the road and he also sold firewood and he didn't have as much as you. He recently went out of business and they auctioned off everything, including his firewood supply.

Thank you for the kind words.

One of my good lifetime friends (who now lives 1,000 miles away) we talk several times a week. Always about real important things. ;)

Anyway, we often talk about things we buy, they will be really cool things that will shortly be in the estate sale.

Reactions: Jere39

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Back in the 70's Dad had the pick up with all the tools in it, and the heaviest stuff that was used almost daily, wound up in the front of the bed with a cap on it. One day a guy snapped a 16' pole saw in half. Dad cut the jagged part off, took the blade off, and left the hook on it. One of those make shift hooks stayed on the back of his truck till he retired. I've seen other hooks that were more pointy, that worked better. But his worked fine when you needed to pull a Super 1050 with a 36" bar to the front.

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
Good idea! I'm always amazed at how people re-purpose broken tools into extremely useful ones. Wish I could figure that out more often (I'm usually just too po-ed if I can't fix the tool and have to buy a new one).

Mike

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Gonna hit the wood pile pretty hard today. Supposed to rain for 2-3 days and working wet muddy wood is not fun.

Besides, the golf course opened yesterday, so this needs to get done so I can engage in really IMPORTANT activities that raise my frustration index.

Reactions: CCMoe and mikeinri

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Cancelled golf today, 40 degrees and super windy, have about 5-6 cord left and will be finished for the season.

Got this end of the pile left, less than a cord on the other end.
DSCF0026.JPG

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Looking good (y)...let's see some action shots of that stuff going through the new splitter
I think he meant video... 😄

Mike

Man you guys are relentless. I suppose just saying this is a drone free zone will not suffice.

It works like a gas splitter. :rolleyes:

You guys are pushing me into something I know nothing about, (video) and being a dinosaur don't want to learn. Good enough excuse?

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
You guys are pushing me into something I know nothing about, (video) and being a dinosaur don't want to learn. Good enough excuse?
Fortunately, no one has ever pointed out that while I constantly ask (berate?) people for videos, I've never created or posted one of my own!

My excuse (besides I don't know if there's a workaround to do this directly on this site) is that I'm not willing to open a YouTube channel to host them.

Mike

Reactions: c5rulz

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Man you guys are relentless. I suppose just saying this is a drone free zone will not suffice.

It works like a gas splitter. :rolleyes:

LOL..... I feel ya brother.
I just got some "new to me equipment" and I'm going to have to learn how to video so I can be a Jere also. :eek:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
LOL..... I feel ya brother.
I just got some "new to me equipment" and I'm going to have to learn how to video so I can be a Jere also. :eek:

No one will ever be a Jere other than @Jere39 , he is Da Man. (y)

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
No one will ever be a Jere other than @Jere39 , he is Da Man. (y)
I hear that! I mean really with Scout and the grand kids, who can beat that? Then he has all kinds of toys to play with also................

·
Super Moderator
10,575 Posts
Making the youtube videos is not hard...the reason I say that...is because I can do it...a little lot of arm twisting by Steve Urquell and Pa318 Guy forced me to do it...then I had to figure out how to stitch different videos together to make one continuous video...it all turned out to be not only easy, but kind of addicting and fun...but I had never seen any videos from you, so only requesting pictures (y)

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Making the youtube videos is not hard...the reason I say that...is because I can do it...a little lot of arm twisting by Steve Urquell and Pa318 Guy forced me to do it...then I had to figure out how to stitch different videos together to make one continuous video...it all turned out to be not only easy, but kind of addicting and fun...but I had never seen any videos from you, so only requesting pictures (y)
Sounds like a lot of work, just for 5 guys to say " that was great" after watching it. LOL.....................
But then again "we 5 guys" love it!

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
We all love Jere's videos. Pics are great, but there's just an extra WOW factor with moving pictures!

I have a LOT of respect for people like Tarryl and Donyboy who take the time to make the real instructional videos. Those must take forever to plan, rehearse, shoot and edit.

Mike

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Teaser, not a video, but the boys went with when I went up to the orchard this afternoon to check on the trees. They are at green tip which is real bad, about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Made a bracket to hang harbor bells and put up the wind shock. Oh and a troll is now guarding the gate.
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0006.JPG
DSCF0007.JPG
DSCF0009.JPG
DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0012.JPG

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The other night there were 11 deer between the house and the orchard.

Wed. & Thurs. night supposed to get to 21 & 28 respectively. That is no big deal, the problem is once they start to leaf out and bloom. Green tip is a good 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Last year had very severe frosts in May.

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Can your splitter handle these? ;)

Attachments

Reactions: c5rulz and mikeinri

·
Premium Member
11,532 Posts
Yikes! What saw and bar is that?

Mike

41 - 60 of 86 Posts