My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
10,839 Posts
Nice set up. Good luck with it and looking forward to more pics and a review of how it does for ya.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats and Enjoy:thThumbsU

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Thanks for sharing. slkpk

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
So who is going to do all the work??? I see she has a trailer....Noce set up and all the best, the 2520 is an amazing machine.

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
D Glenn,
I am glad you finally got your tractor! It looks great. Thanks for posting pics.:fing32:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments! I don't believe I am going to get to use mine for a while. I was met at the door when I got home from work by someone wanting to ride HER tractor. I was able to get her to come in and eat supper and while she is finishing I am typing this. After that we are going back outside to put the batteries in her dash mounted FM radio. Did I mention the heat index is over 100! Oh Well, it doesn't seem to bother her.

Question: If I switch my rear wheels to the wide position (valve stems in?) how much will it increase the width? Can I do this with the front's also?

Thanks,

Darin

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Darin,
I ordered the spacers for the rear and swapped wheels out to the wide position in the front. I would not want to tackle the task of airing up the rear wheel with the valve stem in. Maybe others can chime in about the inches you gain by doing this. I am in process of ordering spacers for front also so I can have valve stem out and protected. One flat and the valve stem is history,IMO.:fing32:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great looking tractors! :fing32:

Congratulations and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Darin........Don't do the front's...you will cut the valve stems off in no time, don't ask how I know.......did it once myself and a staff member did it once.

As for width, I would guess 1.5 to 1.75 inch increase, not really required on the 2520 or the 2720, I used to do it on the 2520 to get extra room for the 3pt arms but Deere replaced them with the new style so I don't bother anymore, these tractors are very, very stable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't believe it will be necessary, I mowed the waterways tonight. Figured I might as well jump right in and see what it would do. There is one place that I tensed up a little but for the most part tractor is pretty stable. I am very impressed with the quality of cut and the overall manuverbility of the 2520. One thing I am not impressed with is the mower cutting height setup. You would think John Deere would have come up with something better than that. To make things worse the talented individual who drilled/cut the hole in the fender put it off location and the cable rubs. I'll take it off this winter and correct the problem.

Darin

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't believe it will be necessary, I mowed the waterways tonight. Figured I might as well jump right in and see what it would do. There is one place that I tensed up a little but for the most part tractor is pretty stable. I am very impressed with the quality of cut and the overall manuverbility of the 2520. One thing I am not impressed with is the mower cutting height setup. You would think John Deere would have come up with something better than that. To make things worse the talented individual who drilled/cut the hole in the fender put it off location and the cable rubs. I'll take it off this winter and correct the problem.

Darin
Are you talking about the divetor valve? I have mine located in the fender behind your right heel, works great. I haven't seen a 2520/2570 with a deck so I am not sure what the setup should be, we use the X series for mowing and the CUTS do mainly loader work and some backhoe jobs. Frigin amazing tractors, I am hard pressed to put a buck an hour through the 2520, granted we hardly ever run them over 2,000 rpm, today was an excaption, I have two of the JD PTO generators as we sometimes need electrical power on a site for welding or cutting with the mini grinder (steel culverts).

·
Registered
618 Posts
Congrats on your new additions Darin.:fing32:
The deck height adjustment takes a little getting used to,if you're talking about using the rockshaft,but you'll get the hang of it. Everything is a bit awkward at first. Like picframer stated,the 2520 is an amazing tractor. You will find that out.:)

Greg

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Nice. Reminds me of my delivery day...

Well that wasn't delivery day, but that's what showed up anyways, Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts