My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

While browsing on Craigslist this morning I stumbled upon this John Deere 10P utility cart- the seller was asking a mere $100.So after getting approval from the CFO I phoned up the guy, drove to the middle of nowhere, and made it mine.

It's a bit scuffed up, as would be expected, but the frame is rust free and it's well taken care of. It will be replacing the rusty hulk you see behind- a lawn cart my homes previous owners left behind. I no longer need to fear tetnus while moving firewood.

So I'm pretty stoked.

:Tractor2:

·
lexmark
944 Posts
Nice ...what part of maine are you? Im way up north and its always a road trip to get a deal ...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Very nice! Feels good inside when you feel ya got a deal. Ah you'll sleep good tonight. LOL

·
X530, 48 Deck/44 Blower
899 Posts
Nice score! For $100, I'd have bought it too! I have 17P (Brinly), it is the big brother to the 10P, and both are excellent carts.

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just for kicks I hitched the empty 10P cart up to the D160 and pulled it around our wet lawn. Nothing broke. I am perfectly alright with this.

While I was at it I took some pictures.

While I was at it I put the old cart on Craigslist.

Craigslist Ad said:
Lawn Cart- Get it off of my property. - $20 (Monmouth)

I picked up a new lawn cart, I want this **** tetnus factory gone.

I'm sure someone handy with a welder and grinder could fix it and flip it, but I couldn't care less what happens to it. Take the frame off of it and turn it into a diseased bathtub- whatever- I just want it gone.

Asking $20, but just try me...

·
Gear Driver
332 Posts
Congrats on the new cart!! Love the CL ad...honesty is the best policy:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Only thing I like about your tetnus factory, when it dumps atleast all the crap empties out. I have the same cart, poly, with a 45° rear, and NOTHING empties out of it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Only thing I like about your tetnus factory, when it dumps atleast all the crap empties out. I have the same cart, poly, with a 45° rear, and NOTHING empties out of it.
Very true, plan taking a rake or shovel with you to empty it.

Has anyone made a yard tool holder that fits in the mounting holes on one of theses?

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Good deal, cart looks in great shape!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts