My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally:: Pictures of my '52 8N

I got a new camera and think I have figured out how to post pics of my tractor.
It's a 1952 8N with:
Knoedler Mfg. optional seat, Tract-O-Lite oringinal headlights, rear tires are 12.4 -28, converted to 12 volt system, Superior loader- Model K-118, 6 foot adjustable back blade, rear wheel weights, loaded tires. new fenders and light brackets. I've been adding new items as I go along, steering wheel, rear work light, ammeter, oil presure gauge, starter button / relay, battery, proofmeter/cable, spark plugs/wires, distributor cap, shifter boot/knob etc. Going to weld brackets on the bottom of the bucket to hold 4 foot, 4 inch, C channel to be used as forks. All fluilds / filters have been changed. She has been primed and repainted, mostly rattle can. The amber light on the back of the seat is held on by rwo strong magnets & is removable. BIL made a bracket to mount a slow vehicle sign for the right light bracket (not in pic).

(Yes, that's the old family outhouse in the background of the last pic)

She isn't going to be a parade queen, I'm taking her to the U.P. MI. at our camp. She'll work on our logging raods, 160 yard driveway, plow us out in the winter and do a little logging for us.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Nice, thanks for the pics...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is the before picture, loaded on a trailer, ready to bring her home.
I paid $2000, for the tractor,loader & back blade from a friend of mine.
I think I got a deal :fing32:
I've learned a lot from all of you on this forum...I now know that I should have backed her on the trailer to keep her from flipping over.

Thank you to all for sharing your knowledge and experience :thanku:

Double Ott

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ime impressed that the hydraulics on an old 8N will handle all that extra work- they built those pumps good didnt they. <Looks terrific and nice to see she will work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
same i keep pushing my expected finish month back!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just noticed the position of the headlights ! Very cool, tractor looks like like its ears are perked.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just noticed the position of the headlights ! Very cool, tractor looks like like its ears are perked.
The headlights must have been a dealer add on when the loader was set up. The lights are set so that they will shine througt the front cage of the loader, and over the top of the bucket when it is raised to allow for ground clearance when driving. The headlights have been changed to 12 volt to work with the converted electrical system. I read that the 12 volt lights are brighter than the 6 volt ones.

The loader frame and hydraulics for the front end and bucket have been modified at some point in time to give the bucket more strength and lift.

Thanks to all for the kind words, I had a great time working on her. She is almost ready to be put to work.

Regards, Double Ott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts