·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ordered my JBSR. Pics will be posted when it arrives. :trink39:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice. You'll really like it. I have a JB Jr, and it works great!
Ditto! I can't say enough about the Johnny Products. They have made my life much easier.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Finally ordered my JBSR. Pics will be posted when it arrives. :trink39:
Wanna bring it up to MD to try out??? I've got 13 tons of rock out front that needs spreadin.....and only a mexican backhoe to do it with....gonna be a long couple of weekends coming up.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congrats! You'll love it.

I have a Jr for my 3225. My wife says it's one the best tools I've ever bought. (and I got it used off Craigslist!)

I look forward to hearing about what you can do with the JB Sr!

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw the one for sale on CL in Conn. It has 2 sets of hydraulics to it. I added on set but didn't want to go another $300 for a second so I'll have electric dump.
  • mkhurley sounds like fun...I have about 300 square feet of 2-3" sumac trees that I have cut and after pulling a few by hand decided the bucket was the way to go...I live out near Harper's Ferry and would consider some work share.
  • Of interested to all you potential JB customers. I spoke with John and am actually getting a JB bucket SR for the John Deere big tractors. It will have a higher lift capacity and 3.5 cubic feet. It uses the JB hitch so the leverage is better (I guess). He says about 400 lbs instead of 200..

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I saw the one for sale on CL in Conn. It has 2 sets of hydraulics to it. I added on set but didn't want to go another $300 for a second so I'll have electric dump.
  • mkhurley sounds like fun...I have about 300 square feet of 2-3" sumac trees that I have cut and after pulling a few by hand decided the bucket was the way to go...I live out near Harper's Ferry and would consider some work share.
  • Of interested to all you potential JB customers. I spoke with John and am actually getting a JB bucket SR for the John Deere big tractors. It will have a higher lift capacity and 3.5 cubic feet. It uses the JB hitch so the leverage is better (I guess). He says about 400 lbs instead of 200..
What kind of big JD tractor?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Of interested to all you potential JB customers. I spoke with John and am actually getting a JB bucket SR for the John Deere big tractors. It will have a higher lift capacity and 3.5 cubic feet. It uses the JB hitch so the leverage is better (I guess). He says about 400 lbs instead of 200..
Nice. 400lbs is a lot of material. Should work out really well for you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
mkhurley sounds like fun...I have about 300 square feet of 2-3" sumac trees that I have cut and after pulling a few by hand decided the bucket was the way to go...I live out near Harper's Ferry and would consider some work share.
Pullin the stumps by hand?? That size a chain on the tractor wouldn't do it?? I pulled some 8-10" clearing the area where all the gravel is going, but I used my GMC Denali... :fing32:

I was more kidding about coming to MD, I have 3 boys that are very talented with mexican backhoes and they have already started making a dent in the 13 tons.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kind of big JD tractor?
It is this one:
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTMs/JBpage_Sr_John_Deere_300-400.htm

Here is the pic of a 'full load'
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/images/Hans G JBSR X595/AAAA0002.JPG

I told him that I wasn't sure the CC hydraulics could handle what the deere can but I did believe it would be better. Apparently the lift is a more efficient design and the bucket is a bit bigger. I'll post some measurements when it comes. I have a quick hitch (for sale actually :thThumbsU $250) so I'll do some rough measurements when it comes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pullin the stumps by hand?? That size a chain on the tractor wouldn't do it?? I pulled some 8-10" clearing the area where all the gravel is going, but I used my GMC Denali... :fing32:

I was more kidding about coming to MD, I have 3 boys that are very talented with mexican backhoes and they have already started making a dent in the 13 tons.
OK sound good. I am growing a full set of mexican back hoes myself.

You didn't want to burry that electric fountain cord? tsk tsk :sorry1:

Actually, at my house we have a similar space between the front door and the garage. I am going to show your picture to my better half and see what she thinks. I am so tired of mowing and trimming it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am growing a full set of mexican back hoes myself.

You didn't want to burry that electric fountain cord? tsk tsk :sorry1:
LOL....mine are all of age now, but they know to help Dad out when he needs it. ;)

Yeah, the cord will get buried, once I pop an outlet out of the brick wall, it's on an extension cord right now, fountain just went in this weekend.

I'll get ya pic after it's done also....here are some befores....first is with trees that were there, then after we cleared it all out.....

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Can you get a backhoe for a Cub cadet 3000 series??

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Maybe I'm naive, but I've never heard that term before. Hopefully, I'm not going to offend anyone by saying this, but I thought that comment was pretty funny! :)
I've been callin shovels that since I was a teen....30 some years ago.....a neighbor I use to do yard work for started me on it I think.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It is this one:
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTMs/JBpage_Sr_John_Deere_300-400.htm

Here is the pic of a 'full load'
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/images/Hans G JBSR X595/AAAA0002.JPG

I told him that I wasn't sure the CC hydraulics could handle what the deere can but I did believe it would be better. Apparently the lift is a more efficient design and the bucket is a bit bigger. I'll post some measurements when it comes. I have a quick hitch (for sale actually :thThumbsU $250) so I'll do some rough measurements when it comes.
Hi,

Was trolling around the different sub-forums and came across this thread. The JB Sr. is a beast and your going to love it. That extra lifting power from the hydraulics is awesome. I have had the JB Sr. on my JD 445 for a little over a month now. I have had it stacked full with rock and it never gave a complaint. Also, in this Picture, you can see that I was able to rip out Mountain Laurel stumps (root ball and all) with the JB Sr. I did a total of about 23 stumps in two hours.. the only time I got out of the seat was to snap that picture (about 18 in the picture). Gotta love it!

I will say this, The Sr. model is built like a tank and has shrugged off all the abuse it has gotten so far. The thing is made extremely well. If the JB Jr. is made anything like the Sr., then I think anyone will love these products, no matter which one you get!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts