My Tractor Forum banner

521 - 531 of 531 Posts

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #521
Got home from my exam and decided to let the 12 stretch it's legs. Roamed around the yard and parked it to do a choke cable adjustment (darn thing keeps working itself on from vibration). When Pops got home we tried out the free Aerator I had found him in the fall. It needed 2 tubes, some freeing up of parts and had to retime the tines and it works great.

Once I finish my last exam tomorrow I will do the rest of the yard!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
After looking for 6 months I finally found where we put the darn weed rod in the barn, it fell into a box. I got it painted up and installed as well as the decal so the 10 inch plow is finally finished!

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Well this thread has been a little neglected so wanted to post an update. Plow day was a wash out so the old girl has just been sitting. I was sick of working on it so it's been sitting in the shop. A bunch of other non-tractor related things have been going on so I have been taking a step back from tractors.

After walking the grounds at the Evansville show, and seeing all the work people have into their machines, especially the custom builds, it gave me the motivation to get back into this one. It's just about where I want it, so I may as well get it finished to enjoy it! Since we got back I have the generator bracket just about finished, the bracket and pulley are done and the front brush guard is in primer. I also had a Sears article just about finished for the Lawn & Garden Tractor magazine and I needed some pictures of the 12 for it. Rolled it out and was surprised how easy it fired up since it always seems to fight me :hide:. Got the pictures taken and I decided to fog the engine for storage. Once I get a few things sorted out I want to pull the rear end to put in new seals, fix the seat, and clean up the shifter. Also have been noodling on a new little project for it so I am starting to gather parts for that!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Nice update Mikey. Glad you got things going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
I just can't seem to leave this tractor in one piece. It sat all year due to the shifter being rusty so it is a pain to shift, so finally getting life back on track I pulled the rear end out of it to rebuild over the winter. It will get new seals, gaskets, clean the shift tower and check the brake band (which seems to have lots of lining however). It will be slow going but it feels nice to be finishing this up

Taking off the 210 pounds of added weights to get the tractor ready to split however, did not :sidelaugh:

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Nice Mikey!!

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
I know the feeling well Mike...... too many tractors and not enough time. Maybe back together by spring.

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
Nice Mikey!!

Thanks Eric!
I know the feeling well Mike...... too many tractors and not enough time. Maybe back together by spring.
Too many other things taking my time Larry, not even tractors. Should be back together by spring, if not I must be really slacking :hide:
Oh, body building in his spare time!!

:biglaugh:

:hide:

Donewrken
;)

:fing32:

I'm a man of many hobbies Don :sidelaugh:

521 - 531 of 531 Posts