My Tractor Forum banner

501 - 520 of 531 Posts

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
No real progress, however after looking at Pop's SS/16 I noticed my Sub 12 was missing the transmission pulley belt keeper so I purchased one along with the rest of the parts for Dad's tractor. Now just to put it in :)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Mikey your battery hold down got starring role in my last video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
Mikey your battery hold down got starring role in my last video!

I saw that Eric! Glad they are working out so well for you :)

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
I had test fit the seat plate and the slot needed to be a touch wider so I got that cut and it fits great. Have it sitting in primer and it will be ready to go on in a few days once painted

Even used another Sears as the drying rack!

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Had a bit of time today so decided to install the transmission belt keeper. A simple slide under and put in the 2 bolts wasn't in the cards due to the holes being filled with crud, so off came the weight and tire to make life easier. Also got the seat plate in paint, winter came back again so once we hit a warm streak again the weight bracket is getting finished since it is long overdue :hide:

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Spent some time plow day prepping the Suburban 12. I removed the generator and took it apart for paint as well as put a final coat on the front mounted weights. I then put the covers back on the front along with the removable grill piece and the weight bracket. Got the seat all mounted also, and that extra inch and a half I added makes it much more comfy! Can't wait to throw the weights on and see it finished

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Nice Mikey! I took the steps off mine we added. I can get on it a little better. I might try to Jack seat up like you.

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
Nice Mikey! I took the steps off mine we added. I can get on it a little better. I might try to Jack seat up like you.

Thanks! I even find it take a little bit to hop on mine, with the frame being so tall. This is how much it raised my seat with my spacer and new plate. Think I reduced the weight capacity tho with how overkill it is :sidelaugh:

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Thanks! I even find it take a little bit to hop on mine, with the frame being so tall. This is how much it raised my seat with my spacer and new plate. Think I reduced the weight capacity tho with how overkill it is :sidelaugh:

My back makes it hard to get on it sometimes! Its too low for me. It is better with the seat and stop we added. I'm too heavy darn it. Wish I was able to loose the weight easier.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,042 Posts
Spent some time plow day prepping the Suburban 12. I removed the generator and took it apart for paint as well as put a final coat on the front mounted weights. I then put the covers back on the front along with the removable grill piece and the weight bracket. Got the seat all mounted also, and that extra inch and a half I added makes it much more comfy! Can't wait to throw the weights on and see it finished

PA PLow day or a local one?

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
One in Grand Rapids Michigan and the other in Port Huron. One day I want to hit PA

Let me know! I’ll try super hard to get there!

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Well, someone has a smile on it's face for plow day!

Looks good Mike, but just a suggestion.....

How about painting that "smile" brown, like a half eaten Tim Horton's Donut with orange and white sprinkles? Makin' me hungry already.:fing02::fing02:

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #518
Looks good Mike, but just a suggestion.....

How about painting that "smile" brown, like a half eaten Tim Horton's Donut with orange and white sprinkles? Makin' me hungry already.:fing02::fing02:
Thanks Larry! I never thought of that. I do have 2 more weights so maybe the future one!

I took it off and swapped the spacers behind it, they both measured the same but it allowed for a lot smoother fitment than it was like in the photo, they look level now

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
donut 2.jpg

Well.... sort'a like this .:dunno:

501 - 520 of 531 Posts