My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Still plays with tractors
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Busy summer. I finally got to a show over the weekend. Portersville PA.

Baby 8N built on a Cub Cadet.

Wagner Little Giant

Jacobsen built Ford 120

Bantam 5000 with duals

Line of Wheelhorses

49 Economy

Tiger with duals

Another Tiger with single rear wheels

Oliver was the feature tractor this year and there were some real nice ones there.

I've been using tinypic to post pictures and it's getting to be a royal pain because you have to type in a code for every picture you post now. I guess it's to keep people honest but it's a real pain in the butt. This site is good but it's not real easy to post pics. Is there something easier than tiny pic?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Very nice pics! I like the mini 8N idea.

For pics I use photobucket. It is free of the verification codes, and it lets you resize the images as they are uploaded. It also lets you upload them all together, and just grab the image code from each to paste into the forum. The only downside is that you will need to register an account.

Jason

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
Nice pictures Jeff, thanks.:thanku:
Nice to see you back active in threads, you have been missed.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I really like the mini Ford
I priced buying the kit from some guys in Ohio but soon as I asked about shipping to Canada they no longer would respond to my emails.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,208 Posts
Great pics Jeff. Glad you got some time to enjoy "the finer things in life".

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
I might be getting a ford this week. But, I dont know.

·
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the comments. Glad you like the pics. I gotta tell ya, this is what I consider my home show. I've been taking tractors to this show for 22 years now. For the longest time I was the only garden tractor there. Well, my Economy/Power King group started to meet there about 8 or 9 yeears ago and things started to change. The quality of the Economy restores went up and then other brands started to try and out do us. As a result, most of the graden tractors that show up at this show in August are of show room quality as you can see from the pictures. We went from a couple of garden tractors in the corner field to just about filling the corner field up. As a reward of sorts, it was voted that Economy/Power King would be the feature tractor for 2011. If anyone has them and you want to come and have a blast with some real nice fellas, drag them out, shine them up and bring them to the show next year. We want them all, original, restored of in bad shape, it doesn't matter. Mine go in their work clothes because I no longer have one that is restored.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
I dont think I will ever restore a GT.
I dont have that kind of attention span lol.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
jas11964, thanks for the show, great pics of some real nice tractors. Im doing a little N and a 120, I hope to have them done by next Spring. :thanku:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been using tinypic to post pictures and it's getting to be a royal pain because you have to type in a code for every picture you post now. I guess it's to keep people honest but it's a real pain in the butt. This site is good but it's not real easy to post pics. Is there something easier than tiny pic?
http://www.xcelluploader.com

It's my image dump if anyone wants to use it. PM me if you create an account because I have a ton of bots sign up on a daily basis.

·
Super Moderator
35,799 Posts
Portersville is where my brother and sister live. Been to the Steam engine show there several times but not lately! Guess I'll have to reconsider that and see if I can get down that way next year!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Great pictures, thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jeff,Great pictures,I had the time to come this year...but I tore the cartilage in my right knee on 7-30-10.I do not think I could have made a whole day of walking at the show.I was on crutches at the beginning of last week.By the weekend I could walk on it if I kept it stiff and watched where I stepped(slopes and hills very bad on the knee)I went an orthopedic surgeon today.He said it should heal on its own and if it gets worse come back! I'm going back to work tomorrow,wish me luck!!
Larry S.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great pics and the little Ford 8N really is sharp. slkpk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Local steam show this week. I may have the only Economy there. Hope to get some pics. Good to hear from you again Jeff!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I love the mini 8N, and the 49 Economy, and, and, and......

Local steam show this week. I may have the only Economy there. Hope to get some pics. Good to hear from you again Jeff!
Where's the steam show at?

·
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeff,Great pictures,I had the time to come this year...but I tore the cartilage in my right knee on 7-30-10.I do not think I could have made a whole day of walking at the show.I was on crutches at the beginning of last week.By the weekend I could walk on it if I kept it stiff and watched where I stepped(slopes and hills very bad on the knee)I went an orthopedic surgeon today.He said it should heal on its own and if it gets worse come back! I'm going back to work tomorrow,wish me luck!!
Larry S.
Good luck Larry! Missed you this year. I'm a little late in responding because my internet has been down since last night. Gotta love technology!

Oh, that reminds me, plan on Portersville with tractors in tow next year, Larry. We got the feature!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts