My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my plow back in order from the PO who beat the bag out of it! The angle notches were non existant as well as the straight notch. The bolt hole was egg shaped and there was some other bent metal which needed to be straightened out. I got it all fixed and a touch up of Ford Blue from tractor supply and it looks great. I will get some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres the pics finally!! It works AWESOME!!!

This was wet heavy snow and it pushed like it wasn't there. I think I will get used to this over my little LT4000 w/ 42" blade!!

I got about 160 lbs of weight and 2 link chains.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Nice rig ,and beautiful place there Bob .

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Good job TractorBob , It may be that I m wrong but from the third photo even though you have a wide metal edge it appears to be worn down so the moldboard and its reinforcement are being worn away ? Hope that's not the case since you have worked so hard to repair it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good Bob!

I have a quick favor to ask. I have an LGT165. I lost the piece between the hydraulic Cylinder to the arm lift. I will need to fabricate something. Could you possibly get a couple pictures of the part for me?

Wouldn't you know New Holland doesn't have an illustration of this part?

Thanks Bob!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arksarben, Yes the cutting edge is worn and I just got a piece of steel to fix that. The PO didn't take care of it much which is why the plow was all messed up.

Joeytrain, I would get you some pics but unfortunately I have the manual lift on my LGT.

Thanks guys

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
bob it looks great and should plow snow for you for many years to come , joey , i am guessing you mean the linkage that connects between the lift cylinder and the slotted arm that lifts the lift carrage , if so then i have a few photos for ya , heres one from the front 111130_001.jpg , you can kind of see a sleeve that the two arms are welded to , one of the arms attachs to the lift cylinder clevis and the other attachs to that slotted arm thats attached to the lift carrage , heres one from underneath again you can kind of see the linkage 111130_004.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ford Boy! Thank you so much. I can't quite see what the Cylinder clevis is attached to though. Is it attached "directly" to the lift arm itself, or is there a second or "intermediate" attachment?

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
sorry for the late reply , the sleeve with the two arms attached is the only linkage between the cylinder clevis and the slotted arm on the attachment lift carrage , the idea with the lift carrage is that with say a dozer blade , when the cylinder moves out , inturn the two armed linkage moves up and pulls up on the lift carrage and the dozer blade is lifted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts