My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday morning it was snowing so i made some coffee and watched it fall for a while then pulled out the gt14 to do some plowing first test in snow! I added all the dumbell weights I could find on a bar stuck into the sleeve hitch for some counterwieght. worked amazingly even with the blade being pretty worn and not having skids or trip springs. did some gravel driveways and some pavement have to watch out alittle on transitions from gravel to pavement but i was impressed, thinking about making a new edge and using rubber conveyor. Anyways today I sold some tractor parts so I went and got a new dash mount switch for the winch also have the same one for my rear actuator and some new headlights mounted them up and after that I went into the back 40 to screw around in the snow figured id post some pics

man this tractor goes almost anywhere even in the snow!

Attachments

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Awesome looking plow setup, its got some serious lift for a plow :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yeah another few inches this morning!! im just waiting for it to slow and im gonna plow plow it! after the other day im thinking about getting some weight in the front tires and maybee chains for the front just needs a bit more turning grip.

·
Registered
332 Posts
oh yeah another few inches this morning!! im just waiting for it to slow and im gonna plow plow it! after the other day im thinking about getting some weight in the front tires and maybee chains for the front just needs a bit more turning grip.
You should make some chains that go around the tread of the tire. Some guys here use bike chain. I made some using extra lengths of tire chain that I had laying around. I haven't needed to use them yet though.

Bob

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Chains around the front wheels make all the difference in the world when it comes to steering in the snow :) i did it and it works great.....

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
looks like you had fun!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Good looking tractor ,& looks like a lot of fun. thanks for the pic's
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.