My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, been a long time since I posted here. First joined when I got my old garden tractor to toy with. Blew it up and parked it haha. Well today I bought my first "real" tractor I guess you can say. It's a pre-electric Allis Chalmers B with a woods belly mower. Cranked over pretty easy (even at ~25* temp) and idled good and revved good, so I bought it. Going to fix the little things on it here and there, and maybe use it to teach myself how to paint this summer!

Anyone know if it's possible to add an electrical system to the old B's? I'm not worried about the starting but some lights would be nice, and maybe the option to run a yard sprayer. Thanks for looking, and any help! I'll be around here more often now!

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Congrats and it looks to be in good shape. Have fun with it. slkpk

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
:thanku: for the pic. It looks like it will be fun to use/play with. I would need a little more cushion on the seat though....:fing32:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Nice old machine, you should be able to fab some brackets and install a GM 1 wire alternator with a battery to give you electrics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thanku: for the pic. It looks like it will be fun to use/play with. I would need a little more cushion on the seat though....:fing32:
Haha yeah, my dad had an old C and he just used an old pillow! I might go for something more permanent though.

Nice old machine, you should be able to fab some brackets and install a GM 1 wire alternator with a battery to give you electrics.
Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts