My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After years of searching, a couple ads I missed out on I finally got a 1969 beige 5268
Although I can’t find this model online it’s identical to the 5238. Could be a Canadian only model as I’ve hand similar scenarios with other models

It appears to be in very good structural condition. The PO looks to have done a repair on the primer hole but looks to have done a nice job with it. It even has all 4 original beige whitewall wheels as well though the white walls could use some attention. I gave it a quick wipe with the towel so I could snap a couple of pics
Pretty happy to be adding this one to my collection
Geoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
That's purdy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
A really great looking old mower! It looks exactly like my 5238, except mine has a blue cup over the flywheel nut! I've never seen a tan one, before!!

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
A really great looking old mower! It looks exactly like my 5238, except mine has a blue cup over the flywheel nut! I've never seen a tan one, before!!
I have both colors NOS, and green

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congrats on ending your long search! Wow,that shroud looks in terrific condition.

·
5,262 Posts
That looks to be in amazing condition. Well worth hanging on to. If my recently acquired 7259 had been a 19 inch I would have considered keeping it. I agree, that shroud is in great shape. Bill

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks exactly like my 5238, except mine has a blue cup over the flywheel nut! I've never seen a tan one, before!!
Interesting I agree. The Canadian models I’ve seen have had the beige one but most US pics I’ve seen have the blue. The handle is also beige with blue grip for Canada
Would be interesting to know if any US ones had a tan cap? I’m also curious whether the pull cord handle was white originally or blue....

I think this one is going to be a daily one for me. It’s too nice to restore but worn enough I don’t want to put it away. Will throw a Tri-cut blade on it and use it I think.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Interesting I agree. The Canadian models I’ve seen have had the beige one but most US pics I’ve seen have the blue. The handle is also beige with blue grip for Canada
Would be interesting to know if any US ones had a tan cap? I’m also curious whether the pull cord handle was white originally or blue....

I think this one is going to be a daily one for me. It’s too nice to restore but worn enough I don’t want to put it away. Will throw a Tri-cut blade on it and use it I think.

I think if memory serves me correctly that in the US the beige caps came on edgers.
It has been a couple years since I had to stop messing with the Lawnboy stuff, but when I picked up the NOS caps that I have I seem to remember looking into that.
I am very impressed with your find ReedZ, that has to be the finest original example of that modle I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Lee
Was it you that had posted at one time or another that you had replacement beige wheels. I’d like to find a 6” one to replace one of mine as one of mine is badly gouged.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Hey Lee
Was it you that had posted at one time or another that you had replacement beige wheels. I’d like to find a 6” one to replace one of mine as one of mine is badly gouged.

Not me brother, but good luck finding some. If you find a bunch let me know because I would sure like a set for mine

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,798 Posts
I have 3 of the 8 inch NOS beige wheels, but none of the 6 inch. I think I purchased them from MTF member “smnolan” a couple of years ago. I don’t think he had any of the 6 inch wheels though, or else I would of bought some. I’m collecting NOS parts for that elusive 7259E restore.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I have 3 of the 8 inch NOS beige wheels, but none of the 6 inch. I think I purchased them from MTF member “smnolan” a couple of years ago. I don’t think he had any of the 6 inch wheels though, or else I would of bought some. I’m collecting NOS parts for that elusive 7259E restore.

Lawnboy gold right there

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Wow!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts