My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the lookout for a horse model. Currently using a pony. Anyway, I found one sitting on the side of the road the other day. Looks like it needs new seals in the axle for the drive wheels, fuel tank was said to have a leak, and needs a new tire. I'm asuming this is a horse tiller. It is a lot bigger than the pony. It has an 8 hp Briggs. When I get time I'll look the serial # up and see what it is for sure. It started on the first pull. It is now sitting in the shop waiting for a little tlc.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Congratulations!

It sounds to me like a Horse. Most likely, if it weighs as much as a horse, then it must be a horse.

Don't forget, :wwp: :wwp:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good for you. Let know what the serial number is. Mine also has a 8 hp B&S.. That's a good motor worth rebuilding if need be. It has cast iron sleeve and roller bearings on the crank and flywheel side of the crankshaft. All parts easy to get, carb can be O/H'd easy. I put the magnetron ignition on mine works great. Keep in touch I will help with advise if you need it.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
If it has an 8 HP motor, it's definitely a Horse model. Just need to figure out which Horse it is (pre PTO, or PTO model)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I found the site to look it up. Under model I put horse and put in the serial number in the other box. It said it didn't recognize the format.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

Can you tell me how you entered the serial number to find the info? When I tried it, it didn't work.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ok, you found it. Does that mean it is free?

Nice score. Well worth rebuilding. I have a 1999 that is like new out of the box. I got it used and I changed all the fluids and filters and never have used it. Too much going on this year to plant a garden. I will need to take it to my farm.

Post some Picks and let us know how the project is getting on.

The title of your post cracked me up.
"Finaly found a horse" I was not sure yours wanderd off or you were out looking for a stray one. I was going to say I hope it is not sway back. At the price of hay these days you are better off with one that takes gass even at a high price. LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wasn't free. I got it for $275. It needs some work. I bought a set of tires for it already. It needs seals in the axle for the drive wheels, has a fuel leak, and probably a tune up. It stared first pull when I went to look at it. I was able to drive it up on the trailer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts