My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't work for these guys, but I know a good thing when I see it.

These good steel gas cans are being offered again. They're NATO-spec cans, and the spout they sell for them actually works on all of them, the way it's supposed to. They aren't cheap, but the ones I've had for years have really lasted well.

My nephew has wanted one like mine for a very long time, and I tried to find him one. I figured while I was at it, I'd get myself another one, so I went so far as to contact the British manufacturer. Price was cheap (22 pounds) but the shipping was killer - 45 pounds for shipping!! YOW!

But hey, here they are available in the U.S. again... and for a lot less than what it costs to get one from Great Britain.

Let me throw in a link here.

Gas cans from Garrett-Wade

Looks like that worked. Let me go for all the marbles and try to get in a picture...

:trink39:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dont know how many of these I threw by the roadside when I was in the British Army serving in Germany . We would fill up 2 or 3 when we were going on leave to the UK , and fill the car up before we got to the ferry terminal in France Belgium or Holland .

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
Those are nice cans, I had three I carried on my service truck for run outs,
the new ones I have are the screw in type and I hate them!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Every army surplus store has had these for 60 years. I have use them for over 50 years. Jerry cans are great. Wade is way over price. They are harder to find these days. They are out there. They go for $5 or $10 each in good shape.

·
Registered
821 Posts
We always called a "Jerry" Can, the ones made and used by the Germans during WW 2. The reason is evident and the name kinda stuck. PJ

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The new ones I saw on a pallet at the local National Guard were beige plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts