My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome jdexter, good to have you with us and if you get a chance we would sure like to see a pic of that machine you got :fing32:.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to regret posting this I fear - but - it appears that most of what was wrong with the old fella was that PO had cobbed in a set of old batteries in and never adjusted anything.

That said, before PO, there must have been a previous PO who apparently didn't own a Metric set and was build like a OX as there are a lot of broken studs around the machine (engine looks unmolested) and when a replacement was dropped in - it was course thread standard.

I forgot to get any pictures today - but managed to stuff a pair of big marine batteries in with only a few 24v spark showers (never throw out old inner tubes BTW) and got brake rod adjusted on one side (really bent and abused - but only half life adjusted) - other side looks like it broke and will need a replacement.

Anyone got a lawn ornament 411R (ha .. ha .. ha) and want to earn $25 pulling some parts?

Got some sort rube goldberg setup on the hydraulics that uses the factory accessory controller to route the juice.

Pictures to come next weekend I suppose.

Jon

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Well sounds like you're making some progress on it and finding some things out in the process too :fing32:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts