My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a FEL from cold water tractor onto my YM1300d. It works just fine when I start up the tractor. After about 10 minuets of use it starts to slow down in lifting and gets to the point where it won't go up at all. Could it be my hydroloc pump?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hi, Mike
The symptoms you've described sound like you have internal screen clogging and your machine is overdue for a fluid service (hydraulic oil change). :fing32:
Same thought here. Larger equipment I have operated did the same thing when there was air in the line, low on fluid or just out and out needed service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. When I installed the FEL i put new fluid in but I did not flush the system or clean the screen. That will be my next step. Thanks for the help again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Does the three point lift stop working when the FEL starts to lose its strength? You may also want to make sure the breather for the transmission is clear, too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the three point lift stop working when the FEL starts to lose its strength? You may also want to make sure the breather for the transmission is clear, too.
I have not noticed if the lift stops working. I will run my tractor today and check on that. Where is the breather for the transmission?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm assuming it's on top of the transmission/rear end housing somewhere, likely under the seat. I'd check that and pull the filter screen. Be sure to have something underneath large enough to hold all the fluid. Let us know what you discover.

·
22,343 Posts
Hot fluid will also cause the same effect. If it does the same after servicing, check the temperature of the reservoir.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you by chance bought your tractor from 100dollar man in lucerne valley, you need to clean your screen. Your tractor was unloaded at least 10 years ago and just sat till you bought it. That screen may be so rusted up that you need a new one. Just a thought, good luck.
Mark

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
I'm assuming it's on top of the transmission/rear end housing somewhere, likely under the seat. I'd check that and pull the filter screen. Be sure to have something underneath large enough to hold all the fluid. Let us know what you discover.
Good point!

There should be, what is commonly referred to as a "Macaroni Tube" on, or near the rear transmission/hydraulic reservoir. Bugs (Mud Dobbers) love to nest inside this tube...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you by chance bought your tractor from 100dollar man in lucerne valley, you need to clean your screen. Your tractor was unloaded at least 10 years ago and just sat till you bought it. That screen may be so rusted up that you need a new one. Just a thought, good luck.
Mark
Good guess. I picked it up a while back. I changed the fluids when i bought it. Alot of the oil had water with it. I was going to run it for 25 hours and change all the fluids again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Try pulling that screen off and cleaning it thoroughly. If the fluid looks emulsified, you'll need to change it again. The people who know about these things are calling it the screen, and I agree with them.

When I looked at some of the tractors where you bought yours, I noticed a lot of silt in the transmissions and cooling systems. Runningbird picked some tractors up from the same seller, and has rebuilt a cute little 1110D. If he says they need filter screens, he's right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought I would update this question. I had changed the fluid twice and filtered the fluid twice. (I felt like I was wasting it) All four times I have cleaned the screen. I just kept breaking muck loose. I also run the fluid about 1/4" above the full mark. It runs like a champ all day long without skipping a beat. I will be changing the fluid and cleaning the screen in another 20 hours or so to help stay ontop of it. Thanks for all the input on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts