Name:

Nick.

December 2010.

Member number:

What city, and state, do you live in?

Payson, Utah.

Are you married?

Yes.

If so, your wife's name and how many years you've been married?

Shayla, we have been married for almost three years, she is an amazing wife. I knew she was devoted, but its amazing how good of care she took of me after my accident (got caught on fire last August). She was by my side 24/7 for the month I was in the hospital. I don't know what I would do without her.

Nick 2 (1).jpg

Do you have any children?

Not yet.

What do you do to earn a living?

Used to be a diesel mechanic, but now I am a nurse. I have always wanted to do landscaping though, so I am thinking about starting a business.

How old are you?

Military service?

No, but I'm very very thankful for those who have/do. You have all of my respect!

How did you come to join MTF?

I found this site after a friend of mine was given a free 1974 John Deere 110, and we were impressed by how it was built, so I began searching for info on it, and then got horribly sucked into the little green machines. I like all colors, but have a soft spot for anything green and yellow.

What are your favorite forums and why?

The John Deere forum and backyard round table are my favorites, but I read just about every GT forum.

What do you like most about MTF?

That's easy, the people. I hate to keep referring back to my time I spent on fire, but afterward numerous members here have reached out to me, and it really has meant more to me than I can describe here. Thank you everyone!

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:

Ranging from newest to oldest:

2015 John Deere 1025R

1991 John Deere 332

1974 Case 646

1973 John Deere 140H3

1973 John Deere 110

1961 Cub Cadet original (very low serial number)

Nick 4 (1).jpg Nick 3.jpg

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday?

I would love to own and restore an early 70's John Deere 4020 or 4320. But really, I want another 332. Well, pretty much anything that has an engine. I'm a gear head that wears scrubs for a living.

Nick 1.jpg

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?

Right now the 140, 110 and cub are tucked away, the rest are on snow duty. My neighbor and I clear every house on our block, as well as several other blocks.

In the summer they earn their keep as garden tractors, plowing, discing, cultivating, tilling and mowing. I use all of them. The 1025 is a new purchase and it has several landscape jobs in line for spring. It was pricey, so it needs to really earn its keep.

Nick 5.jpg Nick 7.jpg

Could you describe your property for us?

I live on a half acre (I know, way to many for a half acre...) but my parents live on two acres and the tractors get used there a lot as well.

Nick 6.jpg

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday?

I want to build a shop big enough to store and work on tractors, and with any luck some landscape equipment too.

Most memorable tractor moment?

Well, I hate to admit this, but when I was really young I was running a Case IH CUT with a FEL, and was carrying some concrete in the bucket. I had the bucket too high in the air when I went over a slope, and it tipped forward so the bucket was on the ground and the back tires several feet in the air. It sent me FLYING off of it, lol! I think I must have landed fifteen feet away!

Earliest tractor memories?

Probably one of the earliest was getting to run a John Deere 7810 to disc a field. It was my first time operating a tractor that big and with a power shift transmission. It was COOL!

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?

Uhh, I think if I spent any more time thinking about things besides tractors my wife would leave me. lol! I have a big enough problem/obsession with this hobby as it is... I do like chainsaws though.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?

Well, most think I am weird, but its rubbed off on some of them, and once that happens they don't have any room to talk. Its amazing how it spreads lol.

feb_fmom.png

·
Super Moderator
13,592 Posts
Congratulations Nick!

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Congratulations!

Well deserved, Nick! :fing32:

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
OMG.. another green & yeller guy... guess I had better lay low on the teasin.. I have a huge herd of G & Y here too.. (some of that rubbed off of MrBeef) lol Congratulations Nick!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,297 Posts
Congratulations Nick, very much deserved :congrats::bananapow:congrats:

It's been a pleasure getting to know you and I wish you continued improvement, my friend :fing32:

·
Professional Amateur
1,269 Posts
Congratulations Nick! Glad to know a little more about you. Very well deserved!!

·
Super Moderator
16,923 Posts
Thank you-Nick for your contributions here at MTF!:fing32:

Sounds like you have your head together--and still a young man--so you have a long time for future plans.....Enjoy your beautiful wife and place , also-

glenn

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Congratulations Nick! Best wishes for you and your wife going forward and your continuing recovery. Don't forget to take us along with you when you build that shop. :)

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,297 Posts
And goodluck on the landscape business...... even tho it sounds like an excuse for more tractors ;) :biglaugh: :hide:
:sidelaugh

Like getting paid to go to Disneyland!

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Congrats Nick. Enjoyed reading and learning more about you. Wishing you a full recovery and many happy years with you hobby.

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Thank you guys for all the kind words, I wasn't expecting this at all! Believe me, your all stuck with me here lol!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Congratulations Nick and thank you for being here this long. As has been said, I enjoyed the write up and hope you make a full recovery.

·
Super Moderator
12,936 Posts
Congratulations Nick! I'm glad for you. It was good getting to know more about you, your wife (a true life partner:fing32:), and your tractors!:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Oh, and it is an excuse for more tractors. I try to find any reason I can to get more tractors. Coming up with reasons isnt the hard part, its places to put them that is difficult...

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Nick,

I just saw this -- big CONGRATULATIONS.

I have not had much time for MTF this past year and did not know about your burn accident. I am terribly sorry to hear about that, and I hope your are well on the road to recovery. :praying:

Also, your herd has really expanded -- the 1025R is quite impressive. :thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 39 Posts