Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At long last,

the moment you've all been waiting for

I give you...

:snowing:Our FEBRUARY FMOM!!:snowing:

Big round of applause for...

Steddy!​

Name: Ted M

Member number: 19882 (almost my birth year!)

What city, and state, do you live in? Muskegon, MI

Are you married? Yes, to Shannon, 10 years last September. My anniversary gift to her was a cruise to Alaska to commemorate our honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean.
honeymoon.jpg

Do you have any children? Yes, 2 girls, Alban Elyse (8), who is the sweetest girl I've ever known, and Lennon Claire (6), who's so much like me that it scares everbody who knows us both.

kids.jpg

Do you have any grandchildren? Nope. Maybe several years down the road.

What do you do to earn a living? I'm a Manufacturing Engineer at a small company. Our main product is composite (fiberglass) manhole covers. I've also lived the American dream by driving a Zamboni for a living, and in a past life was the Parts and Service Manager at a medium large sized RV dealership.

How old are you? 32

Military service? No, but have the utmost respect for all service personnel both past and present. Thank you all!

How did you come to join MTF? I don't even recall... Maybe a Google search for info on Wheel Horse stuff?

What are your favorite forums and why? All. I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, it seems. I like the small engines and repair forum because you never know what issue may come up in the future, and might remember something you read and it happens to be the same issue. I also like the Toro/Wheelhorse forum because Wheelhorse started my "hobby." Massey Ferguson SCUT because I like Massey and now own one! Which I've wanted for several years. Humor and Jokes because Who doesn't like to laugh? Finally, John Deere because it's the most active.

What do you like most about MTF? I like the variety of topics discussed, the friendliness of the staff and my fellow members, and the wealth of knowledge available here.

Please list your tractors and/or equipment: 2004 Ferris IS3100Z 61" 26 horsepower commercial zero turn mower w/independent suspension.
equip2.jpg

1999 John Deere F725 w/54" deck, 46" (I think) snowblower, and cab. 2007
equip3.jpg

Massey Ferguson GC2300 4x4 diesel SCUT w/60" deck, Humboldt 3 bin powered bagger, Woods LS72 FEL, 48" back blade, and 60" rear mount MK Meteor snowblower. 1987 Wheel Horse 312-A w/48" and 37" mower decks, Power Flow bagger, 42" SS blower, 44" two stage blower, cab, and 48" plow. Stihl BR600 backpack blower, Stihl BG55 blower, Husqvarna 272XP chainsaw w/36" and 20" bars, Stihl MS270 chainsaw w/16" bar, $2 Weedeater gas hedge trimmer, Troy Built 3700 PSI power washer, Coleman 5500 watt backup generator, big ugly home made mow-n-vac, and Homelite trimmer of some sort.

equip1.jpg

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why? My Wheelhorse, hands down. It belonged to my Mentor. I remember when he first got it when I was 5, riding with him when he mowed, learning how to properly maintain and use it, and ending up owning it myself. It is the only piece of equipment I plan to never sell due to its great sentimental value. The Massey is the most versatile. Haven't had the other two mowers long enough to judge.

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday? Farmall M. My FIL has a large collection (25 plus) large tractors such as this. I like the Farmall M the most, so he said I can have it... Eventually.

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for? Yard/property maintenance and improvement, mainly. Occasionally for transportation and joyriding. Truthfully, they're mostly just toys.

equip4.jpg

Could you describe your property for us? .87 mostly flat acres with a gentle slope in the back, half wooded with mainly oaks, about .3 acres of grass, with 3600 square foot home, attached 3 stall heated garage, finished basement, 2 stall outbuilding that needs to grow in all directions.

home.jpg

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday? I'd like to restore a Ford N-series or my Wheelhorse. I see some of the projects other members have built, and they really gets me thinking about a unique scratch built or highly modified piece of equipment.

Most memorable tractor moment? The first time ever driving my Mentor's Wheelhorse.

Earliest tractor memories? My dad had a Snapper Comet type mower in the mid 1980's. I remember riding on that with him while he mowed. Sure was a slow mower, or maybe that's just how he drove it. I thought it was the goofiest thing in the world because it had handlebars. Good thing I had my mentor, because dad really didn't do much to help me understand maintenance. I'm not really sure he ever did any maintenance to his stuff, come to think of it. Anything broken was replaced with new.

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us? Craigslisting. I used to do a lot of ATV riding, but really don't anymore. We enjoy boating as a family, I enjoy cutting wood, parting out boats, watching movies with my family, exercising my 2nd amendment rights, and of course MTF!

Have you ever met any other MTF members? Yes, 546Cowboy (Len). Sold some 520-H parts and met him in Indiana to deliver them. I'd like to meet more.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby? My wife seems to think it eats up too much of my attention and time. Nobody else seems to see the allure, except maybe my father-in-law.

Attachments

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,103 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Congrats!!! :thThumbsU :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
13,599 Posts
Congrats!!!

Driving a Zamboni!!! Sweet!!

·
forkz
6,278 Posts
congrats steddy :thThumbsU nice equipment

·
Super Moderator
22,976 Posts
:congrats::congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Congratulations to another outstanding member of MTF!!

:thThumbsU :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
15,644 Posts
Congratulations and good to get to know more about you! :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Congrats Steddy nice to meet ya :fing32: Beautiful names you picked for your daughters. Have to ask is Lennon a Beatles reference?

·
Super Moderator
16,927 Posts
Nice work there--Steddy!! Like to hear about other folk's personal families....

Have followed your posts with W/H's and others--enjoy your stay here!!

PS--And you know--somehow -from your posts over time--I figured you to be a little 'older' (no offense)

glenn

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,300 Posts
My man drove a Zamboni............and got paid!!!!!

Really don't how you could top that. Congrats, Steddy, well deserved :thThumbsU Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,742 Posts
Congratulations Ted! :thThumbsU

Great bio, nice family, home and machines. You are living the American Dream! :congrats:

·
Professional Homeowner
8,042 Posts
Thank you everyone for the kind words. You all make this site such a great place to visit!

Lennon was just a name my wife and I really like... Don't remember when or where we heard it, but it doesn't reference the Beatles. It's meaning is "impish sprite," which pretty much sums her up to the tee. Don't recall where "Claire" came from. We saw "Alban" on MTV one day, and "Elyse" is my favorite car (the Lotus Elise).

Again, thank you all for the opportunity to share!

·
Professional Homeowner
8,042 Posts
PS--And you know--somehow -from your posts over time--I figured you to be a little 'older' (no offense)

glenn
No offense taken. I get that a lot from people after we meet in person after having a professional vendor-customer relationship on the phone, particularly when I was managing the RV dealership service and parts stuff when I was 23, but already had about 9 years in the industry. Too bad once people get to kmow me, they find out I'm actually really immature. Hmmmm.... Maybe that's what's holding me back at work these days... None of my colleagues take me seriously.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,051 Posts
Congrats Steddy and nice collection.

Be thankful for that youthful look........the gray hair comes all too soon.

·
Professional Homeowner
8,042 Posts
Congrats Steddy and nice collection.

Be thankful for that youthful look........the gray hair comes all too soon.
Thanks, Larry!
The resolution on my camera doesn't show how grey I really am... My wife and kids are starting to pick on me about it. No plans to dye it... Ever. I'm going to OWN the look!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Congratulations Ted. It's great to get to know you a bit and thank you for allowing us to.

I know exactly how you feel about the grey. I look like I dipped my chin in a bucket of white paint.

Again, congratulations and thank you.

Yeah, drove a Zamboni and got PAID for it. :fing32:

·
Administrator
12,866 Posts
Congrats Steddy, very nice article! It's kinda fun to get to know some of the regulars a bit more on MTF! I also got a bit jealous of your driving a Zamboni! I'd love to work the Zamboni at the Garden for a Bruins game, I'd do it for free!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts