• Mazda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
i voted ford.. ive had 2 im very happy with them.. my newest one 1999 has its rear bumper rusting away.. but its still a good truck..

I would always by a made in US truck.. but i really like the look of those new hondas... cool trunk space under the bed...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Admin said:
I would always by a made in US truck.. but i really like the look of those new hondas... cool trunk space under the bed...
Would they be able to pull or haul much> I heard the honda's were unibodys well the trucks anyways.. I just heard unibodys were not as strong, someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Need i say more. :eck21:

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
i like the style and look of the honda...
but if i were to buy a new one.. it would be an F-150 all the way...

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
I currently have two Ford trucks.

2002 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4L engine 4R70W Auto Tranny. 61,000 miles. Good truck enjor it very much. Good for long-haul trips and handles snow and ice nicely.

Favorite Truck:

1990 Ford F-150 4x4 5.0L engine Borg Warner T-18 (Granny Four Speed) Tranny. 186,000 miles. It is my hunting/fishing truck. It has never let me down. I've gotten stuck pretty bad/solid in the past and the combo of the 1st gear in the Granny Four Speed and 4x4 Low always gets me un-stuck and on the way.

ED

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Ford fits me better and I have owned none other, ever!!!
BUT if I really want it to work under adverse conditions DODGE with a Cumings(sp) absolutely!!
Chevy/GMC The most uncomfortable creation under the solar system!!
Imports and small US versions! Really?? Why bother? Buy a Lincoln and be done with it!! After all it's just a car so why not get a real one?? :fing33: Hey, you know I'm starting to like this icon thingy!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Archdean said:
Ford fits me better and I have owned none other, ever!!!
BUT if I really want it to work under adverse conditions DODGE with a Cumings(sp) absolutely!!
Chevy/GMC The most uncomfortable creation under the solar system!!
Imports and small US versions! Really?? Why bother? Buy a Lincoln and be done with it!! After all it's just a car so why not get a real one?? :fing33: Hey, you know I'm starting to like this icon thingy!!
Whats wrong with chevy and gmc? My brother ha a gmc z71 and its a very nice truck

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
farmallmaniac said:
Whats wrong with chevy and gmc? My brother ha a gmc z71 and its a very nice truck
If your Brother Likes it then it's the perfect [email protected]! My statement was it does not fit me and it is most uncomfortable!! When I want my butt sitting in a hole and my back contorted I will buy a Chevy/GMC If I decide to buy a new Truck to replace My Ford I will buy another Ford! If I want to haul unbelievable heavy loads I will use the Dodge 1 Ton Dully with the Cummings (sp)Diesel my employer provides as it tops them all!! But it still doesn't fit me as well!!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have been a Ford man all of my driving years and so far non of the others have made anything that has changed my mind.....

·
Super Moderator
32,053 Posts
Ford man all the way here, but I would put Dodge a close second. I actulay have a Dodge also. It is a 74 powerwagon. 19k on it, and all plow miles. Keep saying I will get it on the road one of these days as a work tuuck, but never get around to it. My daily driver is a 95 bronco.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Chevy man here

I currently drive and prefer a Chevy. I find my '01 Silverado to be very comfortable, more so than the '97 F150 I traded it in for. I loved the old Ford, it was a great truck, I just think the seats and dash layout in the Chevy are more comfortable and user friendly. Don't get me wrong, I like all three of the US truck makers, ****, if I had the money, I would keep my Chevy, buy a Ford F250, and a Dodge 1-ton dually with the Cummins - all for their own purpose. But since I am just dreaming, I think I will dream in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first! ROF

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
I voted Ford even though I currently own my first Chevy...To me Ford has an edge on style at the moment and I can attest to what Ford Tough means...

But, that Ram of Jody's ain't no slouch either. :fing32:

·
Once again a Super Member
13,711 Posts
My target for uninsured drivers!

I have a 2000 Dark Green Dakota quad cab V6 and for some strange reason it is a magnet for uninsured drivers and hit and run drivers. For fifteen years I have not been in any traffic accidents (every traffic accident I have been in was the other driver fault). I have the dakta 5 years and it has been in the body shop 8 times with an accumulation time in the shop of 5 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days. :beatdeadh

I will never get a dark green truck again and I'm sure Geico will be glad to see me get rid of it! Geico should buy me a new truck to cut future loses :fing20:

But on the brightside it does get detailed every 8 months! ROF

·
Banned
109 Posts
I voted Chevy which I see is being out voted by Ford two to one. This can only mean one thing, there are more Chevy owners, unlike Ford owners, out enjoying their trucks rather than on the internet spouting off about what a great truck they have. :)

·
Banned
109 Posts
meaning of keed???? Been out enjoying my Chevy rather than getting an education.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
john-in-ga said:
meaning of keed???? Been out enjoying my Chevy rather than getting an education.
I know your just keeding, but the last Ford I owned ('89 F250 Heavy) earned me a lot of money and didn't owe me anything when I retired it 175,000 miles later..I got rid of it cause I was looking for something with a cushier ride...I like my Chevy O K...but the next truck will be another Ford.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts