My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a Farm crest 5 hp lawn tractor. Has fiberglass fenders. I unfortunately didn’t have room on the trailer so I have to go back to get it. Anyone have any information on these old tractors? Looks like a cool one to restore. sorry About the finger in the pictures Thanks for any info you guys may have.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Well, looks like you have found a pretty rare bird. Many searches on Farmcrest FS5 didn't produce a garden tractor like this, but did produce a larger Farmcrest 30 tractor similar in size to a Ford 8N. Produced by Cockshutt and sold as Gambles Farmcrest 30.

Below is a Gambles store flyer showing a smaller Farmcrest mower for $99 bucks, so the smaller garden type Farmcrests must have been sold through the Gambles stores. But, they just aren't well documented on line I guess.

Your pics didn't show the front end but from the styling, it would appear to come from the early 1960s but that is just a guess.

In any case, those early 1960s tractors were mostly way over built so would be a great project. Good luck.

Reactions: oefveteran

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it home today. I think it’s a 6hp motor based on side decals. Here are better pictures. Still researching this model to see where it originated Would like to find a seat for it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually a Springfield. And I believe if you look closely the decals read 6 HP.
I have a 1965 10HP Springfield that is similar, uses the same rear fenders/seat pan but has a 10HP Kohler engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts