My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received in a Farmall Super M in to my shop with an electrical issue caused the customer pressure washing it. Since it has several makeshift repairs over the years I am needing a wiring diagram so I can straight out the problem areas.

Current non starting does appears to be water ingress into the distributor especially since the distributor cap is duck taped together. So the rest my problems are just electrical connection issues from wires just being twisted together instead good solid repairs.

The wiring diagram is needed to just make sure there no mistakes in the previous patchwork repairs.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,556 Posts
I would first replace the distributor cap and then check the rotor to see if it is salvageable if not replace it too. Then begin tackling the wiring issues. You can get what you need from Yesterday Tractors or Steiners Tractors. Including the original wire diagrams in the service manual.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping maybe there was an online diagram but getting a one time use service manual can be done as I would bill the customer for it.

And yes I know to replace the distributor parts and the patched up plug wires. The cap is probably carbon arced too

I just don't understand why someone wants this tractor to be running would just twist and tape wires. Nice permanent repairs are much nicer looking and more reliable. Anything worth repairing should in my opinion be done right.

At least it wasn't another push mower with the bar blade duct tape on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts