My Tractor Forum banner

Farmall super H value

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Poppa Dave 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 1 owner Farmall super h 1953.
I know value depends on location location location...but I have a few questions.

* are these considered rare tractors (under 30k produced)
* if I paint and install new tires and I going to already be over the value on it?

Now for the tractor

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know if I would call them rare, but I won't say they're common either. Any of the Supers will fetch a lot more money. How mechanically sound is the trans and engine? Any engine smoke? Do you plan to sell it? If it is solid, and you plan to keep it, then I say go for it. Add some fenders and a muffler, and just make sure they mount the tires the right way! lol
:MTF_wel2:

#3 ·
New tires, paint and some mechanically tune-up will probably take you about to it's value. The supers are less common, but I certainly would not call them rare. Tire prices are crazy these days. I nice restored Super H around here is worth about $2500 at best.

• Helpful
Reactions: pink toe beater
#4 ·
Yep. That right rear tire is backwards. The V of the tread should be pointing down when coming up and over the front of the tire.
I hate to say this, but I know of a fellow that has two Super H's that are both stuck and missing rear rims and tires. He's been trying to sell them for $500 a piece, but no one wants them without tires and rims. $600 for rear rims plus freight and $1,200 or so for new rears with tubes... It all adds up.
A friend of mine just put his Super M on steel because steel rears were cheaper to buy, even though he had to drive 450 miles one way to pick them up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.