My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a few questions. I have a Farmall that I'm hoping to restore. It belonged to my grandaddy and was passed down to me. It's what I learned to drive on when I was about 7, I'm almost 50 now so I've held on to it a long time. The question I have is how do you identify what exact year model and series it is? I was always told it was a Super C but I'm not sure. I'd like to find out before I start this project so I know exactly what I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
There should be a aluminum serial number plate on the side of the tool box, under the seat. Setting in the seat, it will be on your right side. Once you have the number go here: TractorData.com Farmall Super C tractor information Scroll down the page, serial numbers and mfg. dates are there.

An easy way to distinguish a C, from a Super C at a distance, the C has straight brake, and clutch pedals,and the Super C has a bend in them, where they meet/rest against the foot platform. The Super C also has disc brakes, where as the C has band type.

Also, the C has a 113 ci engine, where the Super C has a 123 ci engine.I have 2 Super C's w/Fast Hitch, and they do probably 90% of the work around here on my little horse farm. Great little tractors, and very fuel efficient..!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out but my number plate is unreadable. It does however have the bend in the pedals you are talking about. Some may say it's too far gone to restore and it may be but my history with this tractor goes way back so I'm gonna give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
On both of my Super C's, and on the BN, the serial number at the front of the engine, on the right side, above the distributor, on a flat boss match the serial number on my plates, under the seat. I have been told by a few, that that is the engine serial number, and has nothing to do with the tractor's S/N. All 3 have the original engines. I've had several other owners agree, that their's are the same. Take it for what it's worth.

The flat boss is at the top of the block, right where it meets the cylinder head. You'll more than likely have to take a small wire brush, or something to remove the paint, and/or grime to see it. Once you get it pretty clean, you can buff it with apiece of steel wool,and the numbers should stand out. At least you know it's a Super C..!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I really appreciate it. I'm gonna check it out as soon as I get a chance. At least I know where to start now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts